Sunday, November 29, 2009

Here's a few pictures from my Saturday trip to the 'Festival of Trees 2009' it was quite a nice event. The first couple of pics are for my mom...copper trees.




Ok, this isn't copper....it's a monkey tree. Yep, all monkeys.
Ah, there they are the pics don't really do them justice...I took all the pictures in total manual mode. I struggled with bright lights in a semi-dark room and I guess I really need glasses cause a lot of the photos are blurry.
Very hard to see in this picture, but it is a bird of sorts. There is another photo later on that is a colour close up of just the head.
And this would be it.
The gingerbread houses were truly works of art. This one is made mostly from pretzels.
I thought this little cake was quite elegant looking. Simple, yet sophisticated.
Victorian style gingerbread house.
Mr and Mrs Claus arriving at their home in the North Pole.
Isn't this fabulous?

You don't need to put a star or angel at the top of your tree...you could put this?!
Ok, I'm a sucker for glass and polar bears.
This tree was made of metal bits and bobs. It was about 6 feet in total, this is just the top few sections.
Upside down tree. The best upside down tree I have ever seen is in Corner Brook at one of the restaurants. It made perfect sense for it to hang from the ceiling...takes up less floor space.
Close up of a beautiful wire mesh tree.

And finally...me! I'm a star. Ok, maybe only in my own world, but if you look hard you can see the reflection of my camera and a bit of my face in the star.

This was a show stopper...a tree made out of wood. Yeah, I know...wood. Aren't trees normally made from wood? The paper thin sheets were a beautiful rich walnut colour and the careful cutouts of snow flakes was subtle and artistic. I think this would be the winner for me.

Not only did they have trees, but mantles and urns and decorations abounded. I loved this floral display.
The trees are all roped off so you can't touch them and they have two 'guards' at each section. In total I would guess there were 10 sections of trees. A true winter wonderland...except indoors...no snow and it was quite warm.
I finished the last bit of wrapping and boxed everything up and addressed the boxes...then today made a stop at Canada Post. All my gifts for the family down home are headed to PEI. Phew. Finally...on time...maybe, if the post office cooperates they will arrive a little early--they should!

I have Friday off this week. Whoo hoo...I know...another Friday! One of the ladies from work is going to be my date for the day as we attend one of the largest craft shows in Edmonton. I can't wait. I didn't go last year and was disappointed...so she and I booked the day off about a month ago and have plans to spend the day wandering the aisles and fighting the crowd at the craft show. Should be fun. I miss going to the Three Oaks craft fair.

Have a great week everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree - your pictures were delightful. You picked some great trees for photos. If I hadn't seen them I wouldn't be able to picture what such variety of trees could look like. I don't think I've ever seen an upside tree before.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer

Really enjoyed the pictures of the trees! Doirons Nursery have an upside down one, I think they make perfect sense for all the ornaments that need room to hang properly. Don't think I'd be able to get the family to go for it though. My sister tried about 5 years ago to get her family to give her the OK but hasn't happened yet! Also, the white cake is beautiful - very well done and would look perfect on my table!!

Hope Friday is a blast for you at the craft fair. Always fun to see what other folks are into.

Enjoy the day ... Lori B.