Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's Friday! Ok, technically not Friday as I write this, but more than likely Friday when you read this (if you are daily reader!). I have the day off...I know, two Friday's in a row. It's a record! I'm off to the big craft fair tomorrow with one of the ladies from work. We are headed to Denny's for breakfast first and then crafty buying followed by a trip to Ikea for me. I'm going to buy my Christmas tree. I may not put it up this weekend but at least I will have it. And a trip to Ikea never hurt anything except my pocket book.

There is a winter storm advisory on the agenda for tomorrow. I'm not overly concerned. I don't think we've had a real winter storm since I moved here. At least not by my standards.

I'm sitting on my couch right now wearing a towel and with a plastic bag from Safeway wrapped around my head. I'm in the middle of a hair experiment. Tomorrow I will either be blond or wearing a wig. Either one is fine. The towel is so I can jump into the shower without wrecking any of my clothes with hair bleach. The bag is to keep the bleach from drying. Apparently when it dries it becomes ineffective. I am in stage two or attempt two. The first attempt I had very blond roots and orange highlights. Not quite the look I was going for. The second attempt is now a paler shade of Anne of Green Gables orange with platinum blond roots. Now I'm in the next stage...adding colour. I have a feeling this has disaster written all over it. Oh well, it is only hair and I can always dye it a darker colour in a few days and cover up all the mistakes. Or invest in a fun wig until it grows out. Either way.

Have a great Friday! I will be spending part of my weekend going through my Christmas decorations to decide what to use in the decorating of my office for the contest on Monday...that i will take pictures of!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

You are braver than I am playing with hair and colors. I just let mine go grey and now I don't have to worry!

Sounds like you will have lots of fun at the craft fair. I'm sure an Edmonton snow storm would be nothing to what you were use to up North anyway. Days on end you could go up there without seeing anything when your wind set in. I hope the red truck plows through it easily!

Edith

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

PICTURES NEEDED!!! aahahahahahah Good luck in your endeavor!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Let it snow ..... well it did today! I'm sure we didn't get the snow you have though. I hope the weather didn't keep you from getting to the craft fair or getting some xmas decorating! No doubt you picked up some new xmas items for your apartment. Hope to see some pics of your tree soon!

So there's another Friday this week - will you be at work or at play this time? 4 day weeks would be great all the time I think.

Lori B