Tuesday, November 17, 2009

North and South collide.

Ok, that is a huge exaggeration. But I am headed for supper tonight with another Northern friend. Yeah! That's 2 in a month. I was thrilled that MA could squeeze me into her schedule a few weeks ago and a Sunday brunch turned into a day of shopping! It is always nice to see a dear friend.
Tonight it is a neighbour from the North--literally from down the hall of my last apartment. We met in an odd way...and became friends.

One evening coming back from a movie I was walking with about 3 men. I didn't know them, they didn't know me we just happened to be all walking back to the 8 storey. The movie theatre and 8-storey are connected in one of the largest complex's in Iqaluit. As we continued down the hall together a bit of nervous laughter erupted from the group. As we all boarded the elevator I asked "Did everyone enjoy the movie?" We all laughed and started to chat--as one does in an elevator. One gentleman got off on my floor and we said good night and he went down the hall to his apartment. The next day we happened to run into each other again in the elevator and started chatting (I'm a great one for elevator conversation!). He had moved from Cambridge Bay. Turns out he was the friend one of my old work pals wanted me to meet and show around town. So we became friends because of and in spite of our background connection.

Anyway, he is in town tonight and taking me out for supper. YEAH! I love supper out. And I love catching up with friends.

A bit of relief in my very busy week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Some things are just meant to be and meeting the guy on your floor when your other friend wanted you to meet him - well that is just one of them. I'm sure dinner will be very enjoyable as you catch up on all the news from your old stompiing grounds.

Living by yourself you get tired talking to yourself so nice to have someone else to have conversation with.

Edith