Saturday, November 14, 2009

And now more photos from my escape last weekend....

This is the distance from the top of the mountain to Rome...where I hope to be in March.
Taken from the top of the gondola ride. Notice at the bottom of the picture is the ledge to the viewing platform a sort of jumping off spot to fall down the mountain or at least that is what it looks like to me.

Hard to see in this picture but just below the stairs are some mountain sheep.
Here is a blurry close up of them.
Patriotic sheep taken from inside the restaurant.
I was trying to use the camera completely on my own--no automatic settings. Some of the photos came out great, some not so good....this would be a GREAT shot if the colour was right. The exposure was off and my simple picture fix program can't fix it...maybe this winter when I learn photoshop I can correct it.
The elk would not cooperate and both face me at the same time for a photo. It was nice to see them up close.

The only part of the hot springs I got to see, touch and smell. I think a soak would have been amazing.
You are going the wrong way....kind of scary to look up and think which one of us is on the wrong side of the road. Turns out no one he was being towed.
The Three Sisters Mountain.

More to come later but I have lots to do today. I almost had a ticket to the rodeo playoffs but I had prior plans for this afternoon. Ah well. Can't do it all.

It is a good news bad news story at work this week. The lady who makes my life ____ at work is off on indefinite medical leave. I can't say I'm sorry to see her off for an extended period of time. She doesn't have any physical illness...so I am not being a total _itch. Let's just say the timing is oddly coincidental. I am thrilled that the office environment will be more relaxed for everyone and that I finally get to tear apart the payroll/personnel files. Yeah! It is sad that she couldn't try and get along with everyone prior to this and that it has moved to such a drastic step.

Some of my good news from last week at work is that I got a promotion of sorts. I have a new title Director of Human Resources. It is a title change only. The title change was necessary to make me a second signer for cheques at work. I'm delighted with the change in title and responsibility. Being a signer is a huge deal (at least in my mind) and I'm thrilled. AND all my policies went through with two exceptions and I am taking those two back to the drawing table to re-jig.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Pictures are wonderful. I saw the sheep! What a close up you got of the elk. Weren't you afraid?

Well, the office situation is interesing. She is stressing herself out because she doesn't get along or try to get along with the staff. Eases the stress in your life not to have her there and if you can get her work done - great.

A promotion - Director of Human Resources has a great 'ring' to it. Good for you.

Edith

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Hey there!!

I have been following your saga of the horrible office staffer. Ugg! I feel for you! It is unreal how one negative nellie can ruin a whole place. I have been doing so much reflecting on the type of people I want in my life and I have been working hard to avoid/remove those kids of people. It is tough right now, but I know it is for the best.

Just wanted to say I feel for you!!