Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekends are never long enough. Even long weekends always seem to fall a few hours short. Time change weekends always mess with your brain and internal body clock...technically I have an extra hour to use today but likely I will use it up tonight sleeping.

I did manage to get out yesterday and run a few errands. I ended up at the West Ed mall...and wow. The crowds. Between 5-9pm you can take your kids trick or treating at the mall...yep, indoors and all the candy you could want. It was soooooo packed. I didn't plan to go it just happened. While there I decided to get a hair cut and colour. Bad move. Since May I have been doing it myself and have been quite happy with the results. I booked an appointment on Friday night for Wednesday evening...but taking advantage of an empty salon at the mall Saturday I thought I'd get it done earlier. I should have waited.

The thought was to go back to my purple black hair that I love so much and my short spiky hair cut. I ended up with black hair and a poufy thing...not what I was going for. Some people would say go back and have them re-do it...I can't. I don't want to. If he didn't get it right the right time why would he get it right this time? Sometimes you need to realize your mistake and move on. I can fix the hair style...scissors in hand will do that...it is the colour that will require some thought. I tried to dye over it...but black is black and there is no going over top of it. This will require some research.

Some things apparently are better left not with the experts. I mean how hard is black-purple to duplicate (if I could get it in Nunavut????) and I want short, spiky hair...a bit on the punk side. Oh well.

But...as promised some pics from the weekend. This first one might be a bit hard on your eyes. It is an experiment in movement. The next few are experiments with settings and I wasn't happy with the results. They need work to make them look good and I don't like having to re-touch my work.

Maybe next weekend I'll have better luck.






Update: I purchased a bleaching kit after consultation with the beauty expert at London Drugs. I could have gone blond, but I stopped at red. The red turns a lovely purple black under normal circumstances and I don't want to be a scary blond for a couple of days. Now I will wait until later in the week to re-dye. It is always better to dye dirty hair and at the moment because my head is so squeaky clean I'm afraid I will lose it all if I play with it anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Purple black hair - I need to see a picture of that. I just can't visualize the color your hair would be. You'll have to post a picture.

These pics are great!

Edith