Friday, July 9, 2010

This entry is mainly for my family...a walk back in time in Lethbridge, Alberta.


P & D's house. The first place we stayed when we moved to Lethbridge.


Recognize this one? If you look carefully you will see our house on the West side. It's for sale.


This is a bit better view. The rocks are still there and the whole yard has grown up, over and out.


The sugar bowl--this was the best place in the city for sledding.


The bridge.


The YWCA where my dance lessons were...ah the memories.


The old apartment on 13th Street. Yes, these are out of order of when we lived in them. This neighbourhood has certainly changed. There is a whole new subdivision at the end of the road and the old apartment looks a bit like a slum now.


Kelly, I'm sad to say this is where the revolving door to Woolworths used to be. It is now a sad Bargain Shop. No stools, no lunch counter...just cheap ugly merchandise.


Heading down into the coulee and across to the west side.


And that ends our tour of Lethbridge. I have a ton more photos that I will share with you next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: Sounds like you had a very nice trip down memory lane here. It doesn't take long for places to change and you and Kelly must have some great childhood memories from your life here.

I'm glad you were able to visit the old neighbourhoods.

Anonymous said...

I have friends from Lethbridge who I met at UPEI....they are about your age-ish (34 and 35). I wonder if you went to school with them. They usually come "home" every summer and are here now.

Jan from the Island