Sunday, July 18, 2010

There is a rather lengthy post below of the first half of my last camping trip. There are pictures!

Packing. Yes, I move a lot. I get it. I don't think it affects any of you in a negative way...except for maybe the pages in your address book. It is amazing how much flack I get every time I announce a move. Sorry, most of you have been very supportive, but some people are just rude about it. Needed to vent.

Yes, I am getting good at packing--too good maybe. I'm basically done. Yes, there are the last bits and the odds and ends but if I don't turn into a slacker tonight I will have it all done and will then drive myself nuts because I don't have anything to do until Thursday morning. And I had almost a full week off from packing. I was in PEI last week. Or should that be I was on PEI last week. Hmmm. Either way, I was there. I had an interview that a lovely private company flew me in for. It has been a long process and they are not finished yet. On top of the 5 interviews I have already had I have 1 more to go. Yeah...I know and it is only for a 12 month position. I won't know until I'm on the road what happens with that particular position...so don't even bother asking me until I land on PEI where it stands.

For those of you who didn't see me or didn't know I was on the Island, my apologies. It was a quick trip and I didn't do much visiting outside of family. I figured since I was arriving on the Island full time within the next few weeks I would be forgiven.

I have no regrets about leaving Edmonton. I did a bit of touring today and had no remorse, no I should haven's, none of those feelings. This must be the right decision.

As for the job...a famous movie once said "If you build it, they will come." I figure if I arrive, the job will come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Rumor had it you were on our fair Island but no worries from this friend - you did the proper thing seeing family and job interviewing.

It is hard to believe that you are packed and ready to head out on the drive to PEI and will be home so soon. I certainly do hope that this job will be ready and waiting for you when you get here. It must have at least felt good that they paid to fly you home for the interview. That would make me feel like they really were interested in hiring me.

Take care on the drive home and drive safely. I expect you will have some very interesting camping stop overs during the journey. Take pictures!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Hope you hear good news from the interview(s), that's quite a few interviews for the job, must be a very good sign if they paid for your trip here to do one! On those quick trips there is only time for family and business, everyone should totally understand that. We can see you when you get back and are settled a bit.

I didn't add a comment on the posting with the trip pics, but boy of boy, you do make a trip interesting! I can only imagine doing all that on my own, as I know I never would take off like that, I'm too dependent, but that also comes from having a spouse for over 30 years! Your pictures were wonderful as usual. I love the mountain changing colors, it almost looks like a water color and not a picture.

Lori B.