Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tramp and Chicken watching some tv after a long day on the road.
Alberta--done.
Saskatchewan--done.
Manitoba--done.
Ontario--I have only begun.

But I am at least in Ontario. Second day went smooth as well and I am sitting comfortably in my hotel room in Kenora looking out at a lake watching boats speed around. Sigh.

I am hoping to stop in Thunder Bay tomorrow at the Terry Fox memorial. It's nice and a great place to stop and remember. I think I had a crush on him when I was younger. :) One person can change the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer,

Sounds like things are going as planned which is great! I take it the weather is holding out as well. Great to have Chicken and Tramp to keep you company!

Hope you get to Thunder Bay as planned tomorrow. I bet looking out at the boats makes you wish you weren't in big red, that you were out on the water as well. Just think, lots of water and boats here when you get to PEI. Another beautiful day here today. We had our roof reshingled, so I took off today with mom and another friend and had lunch at Anna's in Crapaud. Great food!! It was too noisy to stay at home and listen to the banging! Hit Victoria as well and stopped at Bobby Clow's for some great meat pies to pick up for supper. Was nice to get away for a day trip and just keep driving, we didn't really have a destination planned so it was really quite enjoyable.

Drive safe ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Roll on down the highway girl. Love the picture of the boys on the bed pillows. I know - they were exhausted after the day of driving. After all it is their job to chatter to you while you drive to keep you awake!

I have never been to Kenora but someday. My cousins in Winnipeg have a cottage there but we never seem to make it to the cottage when I get to Winnipeg. But this is one stop on your journey that I am familiar with.

It is good that you have destinations to strive for each day. By the time you read this email you will have stopped at Thunder Bay and will be working your way across the huge province.

Hope you are able to continue to check in with the readers as you travel.

Edith