Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Seeing as I didn't need to be at my apartment today and really hanging out would only make me wonder about jobs and interviews I decided that I should get out of the house and play.
So, I played tourist today. There was one more thing I wanted to do before I left Edmonton and I managed to get it done today...I went for a ride on the High Level Bridge Streetcar. It crosses from North to South or South to North depending on where you start. The ride is about 15 mintues each way. The exciting part is being on top of the High Level bridge and gettting a great view of the river valley below and the city sky line on each side. And for only $4 return.

Here's a few pictures from my little adventure.



I headed to an outdoor patio for some lunch and a couple of cooling drinks and then HAD to take a picture of this for you...because it is just too good not to share.


Yes, that is a very portable, very visible washroom facility in Edmonton. Right on the corner of Whyte and Gateway. For those of you not familiar with Edmonton the equivalent would be the turn into the Frobisher across from the hospital in Iqaluit or the corner of say University Ave and Grafton for those of you in Charlottetown. If you don't know those two fine cities let me just say...very busy foot and vehicle traffic. I have no explanation for it.

In other news. I will be starting my new job on August 3. Apparently the flying trip to PEI last week paid off because they decided to bring me on. Yeah! I won't say the company name, most people wouldn't recognize the name anyway. Anyway...it is a one year term...which gets me working right away on the bright red soil. Next year will take care of itself. Just got the news about an hour ago and the smile has yet to leave my face. It will sure make the drive go by faster.

7 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Question about the outdoor toilet... the sign has a male and female picture, so how does a woman use that?? Looks easy enough for a guy!!

Just me said...

Thanks Kara I forgot to mention there are the old icky plastic porta potties off to the side which I assume are for the women but they don't have gender signs on them.

Jack said...

Congrats on the new job!! Sounds like everything is falling right into place for you!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I loved the street car pictures. You did a great job. I'm glad that others questioned the toilet as I was wondering just how it operated.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! and WELCOME HOME !!!!! So wonderful that you have the job and within the next 12 months we'll see what other doors open wide to you.

Thanks for sharing this news with us before you hit the road. You might not have had time to write to us during the journey and we would have been out of the loop until you could write again.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Pictures are lovely, great that you got to go for the ride prior to departure, spectacular view for sure!! The port-a-pottie - very out there isn't it?? I believe I would purchase some Depends before being that visible!! Guys can at least have their backs to everyone!! I dislike the large portables and that one really looks tiny!! (Can't really imagine that it is for females too.)

Congrats on the job, must be a great feeling to know the drive will be towards home and to a new job. Whatever the company they are lucky to get you and all your experience! Hope it's in Ch'town then there can be lunch dates!

Drive safe, enjoy the views and no doubt, there will be an interesting event or two to hear about later.

Hope to see you soon ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE JOB!! You three have a safe but wonderful trip East. Portapottie, hmmmmm-not too sure. Guess if you gotta go badly enough??? See you in August.
Auntie F.

Anonymous said...

That was the weirdest thing I've ever seen! Good for the drunks on the street I guess.
Congrats on the job.I know that you handle stress well, but it has got to be relaxing knowing that a job awaits. Of course, it does cut your vacation short! See you soon
Colleen