Tuesday, July 27, 2010



Chicken, Tramp and I stopped just outside Thunder Bay on Sunday(?) to see if we could seek our fortune. We didn't make any money but we did have a good time at the Amethyst mine and brought home a few treasures for ourselves.

It is Tuesday(?) and I'm just about to leave Pembroke. Yesterday was a long day but I have positioned myself for Montreal...should be swinging through in early afternoon--before rush hour! Still on schedule to arrive Wednesday night.

Driving is good. Food is good. Hotels are good. Can't wait to unload at the end of the road. I have more to say but I'm hungry and need to get going!

j.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, Chicken & Tramp:

Good to see you are letting everyone get out and stretch their legs on the trip, wouldn't want anyone to suffer leg cramps or anything. Never knew you could "pick" amethysts in Ontario! Hope you got yourself some nice rocks. Appears that you are right on track for hitting good old PEI tomorrow sometime. Hope the driving went well today (Tuesday) and that Wednesday is a breeze through Quebec and homeward bound.

Edith is on vacation this week and next; however, had lunch with her today and sounds like she is busier when she isn't at work than when she is - she has a family reunion that should be a blast this weekend and she is always on the go!! I do believe she will still be checking on you while on vaction.

Your family must be thrilled that you are so very close to being home now and going to be working on Island. If I was your mom, I'd be making my Christmas dinner plans now so that everyone would have plenty of notice to be there as it will be your first Xmas here is so long!!

Happy and safe travels ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I write this note very late at night and I'm sure this time tomorrow night you will be tucked up in bed at your mom's house. Wow - you will be so glad to do so.

I loved the picture of Chicken and Tramp. They are getting along so well on this road trip. I'm sure you will take them again.

I have cousins here from away for the reunion. I havent's seen Sheila since 1996 at her dad's funeral. Her children are really nice and I think they are having a good visit to PEI. It is their first time and I think first time for her husband.

Holidays = late nights, socializing, and having fun. Yeah - we're there now!

Edith