Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I started to watch Kitchen Nightmares tonight--with Chef Gordon Ramsay. I love his Hell's Kitchen show and normally I like KN too....but not tonight. The head chef/owner was yelling at one of the employees and my first thought was "I get too much yelling at work as it is I don't want to listen to it at home" and I switched the channel to the Golden Girls. No matter how bad life gets I know within the next 30 minutes the gals will be able to solve it, have a good laugh and enjoy a cheesecake together.

It's been one of those weeks and it is only Wednesday. Or I should say It's Wednesday and the week is drawing to a close soon. I've had some extreme moods today. Very happy to very stressed. I think I need a new job. One where I am not expected to work 60 hours a week and still not feel I am putting in enough time.

The glasses have arrived. I picked them up on Sunday. It has been a tough transition again into wearing them. I need to wear them for an hour or so and then take them off for a bit. Then put them back on and repeat. I'm not sure if they are helping or not but I will continue to wear them.

Anyone have plans for the weekend? I am going to focus on my jewelry. Either making the new necklace or working on the new holder for my valuables. I picked up a couple of great items last weekend at VV and think they will help with my project. I'll take pictures as I go along and post them for you.

February 14--Valentine's Day I am headed North. Bound for the trade show in Cambridge Bay....I'm not looking forward to the trip. Which surprises even me a bit...but what are you gonna do. I must go and so I will--but I really would rather not. At least I know that just over a week after my return I am on a plane and headed to Anne's Land to visit with most of you! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennier:

Ok, I get the tone in this update, you need a break from work and maybe a trip home i what the doctor ordered. If you are working 60 hours a week at the job and feeling it is still not enough there is really something wrong here. That is double the 37.5 hours per work week we have. Is the boss asking you to do this or is Jennifer expecting herself to do this? I know you are doing payroll and I expect that is on top of your regular duties. Maybe it is time to let go of some work and let someone else take it on?? You will be totally burnt out if you keep this up and no one will hire you for a new job if you are already burnt out before starting.

If you are not looking forward to a trip to Cambridge Bay then there is something wrong. You love to touch base with the North and your memories of working in the North.

You just do whatever Jennifer wants to do this weekend, make jewelery, read a book, watch a movie, cook if it relaxes you. Just get yourself relaxed.

I believe I remember you mentioning going to the eye doctor. I don't believe I remember hearing you were getting glasses. That would be a big transition for you. Break them in slowly but you have the right attitude - you can't not wear them. Your eyes will adjust.

Looking forward to helping you do nothing on PEI!

Edith