Tuesday, February 23, 2010

7 days....7 days till I get a holiday. Well, I'm actually counting my upcoming weekend in Victoria,BC as a holiday so I guess technically only 3 days. ;) It is an unexpected trip through work.

Victoria looks like a fantastic walk around and take pictures kind of place. I have been doing some research and checking out the 'things to do' and think wandering the streets and viewing the lovely older buildings might be enough. And maybe high tea!

Now, if someone would come and tidy my apartment before Thursday night I would most appreciative.

Doctors appointment on Thursday this week...it isn't the appointment I thought it was...but am still anxious to have it over and done with. My appointment is semi-downtown and I have the whole day booked off (sick!) so I might wander a bit downtown while I am in the area...something I don't get to do a lot of. I booked the day off as a sick day because this is really one of those appointments that I will either be in pain after or just mentally not able to head back to the office. If all goes well with this appointment I do not need to do my 3 and 6 months and go back to the annual torture. I'm kidding. For any of you women out there who do not get annual pap smears...GO. It doesn't hurt, it doesn't take much time out of your day and it could save your life. End of lecture.

Note to self: Pack fish and his belongs. Take to office no later than Wednesday morning.
The girls in the office will take care of them for me while I am away. Thank goodness cause I really hate giving them the pellets that feed them for a week or two at a time. Bad experiences with that previously that ended with a rather loud FLUSH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I've never been to Victoria but I hear it is well worth a visit. Good for you. So I hope you are feeling like enjoying the trip when the doctor is finished with you. I don't blame you for taking the whole day as a sick day.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Great to have the co-workers who will care for the pets while your away! A walk about in Victoria sounds like a grand way to relax and enjoy some sights. Hope the work part doesn't take too much time! Hope the doctor trip is uneventful ... need I say more!

The bridesmaid dresses ... what can one write about those, Iguess at the time they were the "in" trend, however, the blue ones make me think of Little Bo'Peep and half expect to see a little lamb in the picture!

Congrats at being an "in-law", good reason to come home and have a family celebration! Congratulations to Roger and Kelly as well. We will get the details when we have lunch! The who, what, where and when of it all.

Take care and see you next week ... Lori B.