Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Yeah, I've been a little photo shop happy lately. It's fun...it keeps my mind off everything else going on in my life and lets me feel creative. Here's a tulip I bought on the weekend....
Here it is before the photo shop fun.

I cashed in a few Aeroplan points a couple weeks ago for a gift card to one of the drugstores here in Edmonton. I was just going to use it to purchase the usual stuff...toilet paper, shampoo...those kind of items. Then last night I had a light bulb moment. A couple of weeks ago when I was at Value Village I purchased a photo album. It has plain black pages and those great little black corners for holding the photos on the pages. I can only post one photo per page and the pages are seperatted by onion paper. Very chic. So the light bulb moment came and I decided to use the gift card to print off photos to put into the album...then I will take it to the office to show off my pics. I will have it on my desk and if someone wants to look they can...if they don't...they don't.

I hope to pick the photos out over the next few days and upload them in time for pick up on the weekend...oh, the excitement.

T-minus 14 days and counting till my arrival on PEI. I have booked in a couple of things...I'll be in touch with more of you lovely folks to book some other lunches, breakfasts, coffees, suppers and midnight snacks over the next week. I'm still waiting to hear back on a couple of appointments before I book the fun stuff. I know I will not be able to see everyone I want to while I'm home, but I hope to see a ton of you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: What a great idea about putting your photos in an album. I see it as your "portfolio" should you ever try selling some of your work. You'll always find money for toilet paper - pictures would be something you would not make a priority.

I guess you aren't counting the days to your trip to PEI - just less than 14 days to go!!! It will be good to have you home again.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer - what a cool tulip! I'm impressed with that! Great way to destress for you as we know you love photography and to be able to sit and play is great for the mind! Neat idea to put an album in your office - great way to show your pics to those that are also interested in photography and also a great conversation item.

Hard to believe that 14 days is March and you'll be around family and friends for a visit. Your folks must be thrilled as you haven't been this way for a while now - maybe they will roll a Christmas and Easter dinner into one big eating fest!!

Edith mentioned she sent an email today - I hope it is helpful!!

Lori B.