Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wine and Cheesecake. Yep, wine and cheesecake for supper tonight. Mmmmm. How can you go wrong with a combination like that? Sure, it doesn't necessarily cover the 4 food groups, but life should be about enjoyment....shouldn't it?


The wine is made of grapes--1 fruits and vegetable

There are nuts on top of the cheesecake--1 meat and meat alternatives

The cheesecake is made with cream cheese--1 milk and milk products

The crust is made of graham wafers--1 grain and grain products


Huh, so I did manage to get all 4 food groups in. Good for me.

Went to see a movie this afternoon, I knew it was a rental before stepping foot in the theatre but I was looking forward to a distraction. It was a definite rental--When in Rome. With my trip to Italy once again on the back burner I thought the views of Italy would be delightful--it wasn't. The movie had a very shallow plot and the scenery was minimal at best. Oh well. I spent a delightful afternoon wandering around the West Ed Mall (WEM). I was looking for a shirt a bankers shirt with French cuffs to be exact. I went into several stores and had no luck. Then a light went off in my head and I went to Mark's Work Warehouse...they didn't have the bankers shirt, but they certainly had the French cuffs on their perfect fit shirts. I bought two.

I have a few pairs of wonderful cufflinks and very few shirts I can wear them with...so finding a shirt that I can use them with is fantastic. And the fit of this particular shirt is amazing. It really is the perfect fit. I've had a thing for cufflinks for SEVERAL years now and presently own 3 pairs yet am still always on the look for more. To me it is a very sexy sophisticated look--a woman in a man’s looking shirt, tie and a pair of very high heels. I'll knock 'em dead on Monday at the office.

5 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Excellent supper! aahhahh

Anonymous said...

Well Jennifer, the wine and cheescake are certainly stress busters! Just what you need I'd think after reading Friday's comment from you. I hope this is the start of letting go of some things, substituting to wine and cheesecake is a superb start to destressing! Sounds healthy too, since you broke it down for us, might enjoy some myself!

Good to hear Italy is not toally out of the picture. I heard from someone else that movie wasn't even good enough to be a chick flic for a first date - I think I heard that on the radio last week. The guy was't impressed at all.

What colors did you get the shirts in? No doubt, one would be white, can't go wrong with white blouses, never have too many either.

Hope the work thing works out and you get back on track with your personal goals.

Take care ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I hope you bring one of those shirts and cufflinks back to PEI and model for us. I'd say you'd be pretty dapper looking at the office.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I hope you bring one of those shirts and cufflinks back to PEI and model for us. I'd say you'd be pretty dapper looking at the office.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty sexy for just an office, but works for me...
Dave