Saturday, January 30, 2010

While friends and family down East enjoyed a snow day on Friday I still had to slug it out at work. Sigh. I could really use a snow day. Saturday and Sunday are days off--yes--but they are not snow days. A snow day is a gift--a treasure--a bonus! A snow day is a day that can be spent with a good book and no feelings of guilt because you didn't do the dishes or laundry--they are not scheduled snow day activities.

I would like to spend my day today reading a book or visiting the 4 or 5 Value Village stores in Edmonton...but I really need to clean and do a load of laundry and clean out the truck and buy groceries...etc. Hmmm.

.....almost 2 hours later and no official decision on what to do today has been made. Breakfast is over, the dishes are done and I'm enjoying my free extra channels on tv. I've been addicted to deja view since switching over to Telus for my communication needs. It shows so many of the classics--Golden Girls, Cosby Show, Who's the Boss, Three's Company....all the good wholesome shows of yesteryear. You remember the time before 'reality tv' took over. I miss good half hour sitcoms.

Just over a month till my temporary return to PEI. I really need a vacation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I love those old tv shows as well. I think we laugh as much now or more than we did when we first saw the shows.The Hill Billys still break me up!

Yes, Friday was a snow day but I had already put in to take it off as a vacation day. So no pressure on me when I awoke and tried to decide do I go to work or not go to work. But the after effects into Saturday morning cancelled the retreat I was to attend so that had to be re-scheduled and my preparation day for it on Friday was kind of a waste except my chili is made and is frozen until Feb. 20. Oh well, as you say you have to love snow days when you get unexpected time off work!!!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Some of us always have to go to work when it snows - bookstores never close because people like Jen might need a book to curl up with! It just makes work more depressing when you are there and everyone else is off. Plus I had to work all weekend but today I am finally off. At least I no longer live the closest to work - then my schedule would be moved to guarantee I would work when it snowed. Dave picked me up so I didn't have to walk home in the snow so that was good! We can't wait to see you Jen!

Colleen

Anonymous said...

I like the new look!

Jan from the Island

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

I don't know what I did but I replied last night, mentioned it to Edith and she advised me there wasn't anything here from me! I must have missed a button somewhere along the line.

I love snow days as well, it wasn't a full day, we closed around 11:30; but home by noon is great, especially on a Friday. Like you snow days are leisure days for me, reading, baking or nothing, what ever mood I'm in. Hard to believe you'll be on Island shortly, March will be here before we know it!

I like the new picture, very pretty colors!

Lori B.