Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It is day 4 of no diet pepsi. Surprisingly things are going well. I had a moment of hesitation today when I ordered lunch at McDonalds...what would I get to drink? I opted for Chocolate milk. Healthy! Yeah, sure it is only 4 days...but with no cravings that is impressive.

The eye/sinus problem that reared its head last year is back...I have a Dr app't tomorrow and will hope to get on the same meds as last year...and will then buy some Benadryl. Last year when I went on the medication I am hoping to be put on again I was having issues with allergic reactions. Here's to hoping I won't need the allergy pills this time.

I spent the day at home today. My eye was too messed up this am to drive safely and then based on the issues I was having at home I'm glad didn't go in. Staring at the screen, tv or reading all hurt after a few minutes. I can only imagine how great I would have performed at work in front of two monitors. The problem though with being home when you aren't feverish, vomiting, generally feeling totally miserable is that boredom can kick in. I couldn't watch tv--but I listened. I couldn't read. Couldn't work on any of my photos or read a good book. I sat on the couch and thought about all the stuff I'd like to do. I shouldn't complain...I did manage to get a few of my pictures re-arranged on the walls but that is about the extent of accomplishments.

I am hoping to go in tomorrow after my Dr app't. If I can see. If not they said stay home and we can always bring stuff to you...yeah, thanks..just what I want. LOL.

Can you believe that it is almost the end of the week? YEAH!

Now, who's going to cook supper?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I loved it when you said the office could bring work to you. If you can't look at a screen without the eye hurting how are you going to work on it at home vs at the office??? I would hope that your doctor could give you something effective to take without having to take something to counter act the allergic response. Sounds counterproductive to me.

So, try laying in bed and listening to some of your favorite music. Let you body relax and catch up on some of that sleep your night time bed rest is not letting you have.

You can make it through another day "diet pepsi free".

Edith

Jack said...

Feel Better Soon! ( I am getting over a bad stomach virus.) Plus, you are much younger than me!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Hope the eyes are feeling better. Congrats on staying off the diet pepsi - so far so good - keep up the good work!!

I agree with Edith, how can you work at home if you can't work at the office, your eyes would hurt no matter which place you're located. Sit back, relax, get caught up on the missed sleep! Keep us up to date on what the Dr says.

You mention the week going quickly - how about the month?? We are almost at the end of January and we have been soooo lucky weather wise here this year, hope it continues.

Supper - hopefully your freezer has some goodies left from the weekend when you cooked a bunch.

Take care of those eyes .. Lori B.