Monday, January 25, 2010

My new favorite kitchen tool--my hand blender. Thanks to Mom and Dad for that great Christmas present. I am blending everything. I made turkey soup after Christmas and 'creamed it' with my hand blender. It was so yummy. Cream of Turkey and Vegetable soup without the dairy. Sunday of this past weekend I made some vegetable soup and again out came the hand blender. It is SOOOOO good.It is good due to a combination of FRESH herbs and the hand blender. Yes, fresh herbs make a huge difference. I even made my own pasta sauce a couple weeks ago with some diced tomatoes and fresh veggies.

Friday evening was nice. It is always good to visit with old pals. And the funny thing is I will be seeing him again in a few weeks in Cambridge Bay. This is the person from Pangnirtung that I used to dog sit for--Saber. It was a nice visit until I got us a bit, hmmm, misplaced. Let's just say that you can't turn left where I wanted/needed to so I took another route--which was under construction so I had to detour. I followed the detour signs until I didn't see anymore of them and by this time I figured we were really on the wrong track. I think that had I of continued down the road we would have eventually come out close to where I wanted to be, but I wasn't willing to chance it...so I tried to back track but realized I hadn't been paying attention to some of the turns and ended up on another street. I finally took out the McDonald's map and within two turns was able to get back on track. No worries...no one was harmed and it was only about a 10 minute detour.

I'm finding it hard to believe it is the end of January and at the same time I'm tired of January...come on February....its a short month and always seems to fly. Off to bed with another good book courtesy of the local library.

4 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

I just got a hand blender too!! I haven't had a chance to use it yet. But before Christmas I put some leek/potato/bacon soup into my blender to mix it.... well the bottom fell off the blender and what a mess in my kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Isn't it wonderfulwhen you get something for Christmas that you really like and really use. I'm sure you and your hand blender will have many a happy day in the kitchen.

I'm proud of you for even having a map that you could ship out and check directions. You live in a big city. Who would expect you to know where you are when they detour you from the route you know.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Isn't it wonderfulwhen you get something for Christmas that you really like and really use. I'm sure you and your hand blender will have many a happy day in the kitchen.

I'm proud of you for even having a map that you could ship out and check directions. You live in a big city. Who would expect you to know where you are when they detour you from the route you know.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer

Wonderful to have a new kitchen gadget that you actually use and sound so excited about it! They are great for whipping cream too - I'm not a fan of cool whip, like the real thing. I've never used it to cream veggies, but may try that as it is sooo much easier to clean than the blender is! I don't make a lot of soup, although I love homemade soups - I never seem to get enough flavor, haven't figured out the herbs to use or how much! My mom and sister and great for that.

Lost in the city, it probably doesn't take too many missed turns or detours to get lost, I would be relying on transit I think, my sense of direction is lacking, or maybe even non-existent! At least you had good company - glad you enjoyed the visit and probably will be nice to touch base again in Cambridge Bay.

Hope the meds are all done and that you are back to feeling 100%.

Take care ... Lori B.