Sunday, January 10, 2010

Let's give a big HURRAH for weekends! What a marvelous invention. I had a zillion things on my list to do...or possible to dos and have managed to accomplish simply the basics. I have clean clothes and food for next week. Time to relax.

In about 50 days I will be getting on an airplane headed East. Yep, I'm going to be on PEI in early March. (Insert look of shock and smile here!) The trip to Italy off and vacation time to use...well, kind of. Let's say a good seat sale and some persuasion and a ticket was booked. I'll be on the Island March 2-16. At some point closer to the actual visit I will post a couple of chances to get-together for coffee/lunch/drinks. As with most trips there are so many people to see and never enough time to have individual visits.

It will be just over 18 months since I stepped foot on the sandbar.

If I hear one more person say "Why March?" I am going to cancel the trip. As an adult with a job I'm sure you understand that when you want to take holidays and when you can take holidays do not always match. Sure, I'd love to book my ticket to PEI during late July when the water is warm and the surf is up. But that is my busiest time at work. I have 250+ employees to take care of and with two week on and two week off rotations there is always a person (or ten) to hire. July is not a good time for me to be away. Take it or leave it.

Why, when someone is excited about something do people need to be negative? Instead of "Oh yeah, that's great. Can't wait to see you." I get..."Why March? You should visit in June."

Sigh.

All the negativity aside I am still looking forward to the visit. I have a list of things and places to see or do including a birthday party for my niece and nephew. I can't believe it has been 18 months. Huh. See you soon PEI!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Your old work mates are over joyed to see youon PEI whatever time of year you pick to come. In fact, most of us won't be on vacation so what better time to find us for a visit. I think a birthday celebration with your niece and nephew would be great for you.

Bring on MARCH!

Edith

M Easter said...

Just a note to say hi and a belated Happy 2010!

Unknown said...

I think getting home anytime you can is a good thing! I haven't been back in over two years, and summer/winter whatever... home is home.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer, doesn't matter what time of year you come home - you know your family will be thrilled to see you, especially your niece and nephew that will be celebrating birthdays; and, of course, we hope a luncheon works out to get to say a hello as well, or if time doesn't permit, maybe you'd get a few minutes to drop in the office! Italy's loss is PEI's gain!

Hope all is going well ... Lori B.