Saturday, January 23, 2010

They have begun.

I mentioned a while ago there might be ads showing up on my blog. They are here and I'll decide in the next couple of months if I am going to keep them or not. It is part of an experiment I am doing so bear with me.

It's Wednesday...um, no actually it is Saturday. I'm not sure why I wrote Wednesday the first time. Huh. Oh well.

I headed to the Farmer's Market again today. I'd go all the time but the 30-40 minute drive is certainly a deterrent to me. The shelves at the market were a bit bare. I'm going to assume it is because it is late January and everyone's yummy produce has been sold and they are displaying all they have left. The meat folks and bread folks are still doing great but the yummy veggies are certainly at a low. I bought some yummy carrots--orange, purple and yellow. They are super sweet. Also picked up a nice fresh looking cabbage, some fresh made bagels and a spaghetti squash.


If you have never tried spaghetti squash I highly recommend it. It is super easy, takes awesome and gives your body a vitamin boost.

Take spaghetti squash and cut in half vertically or horizontally--remove seeds (just like a pumpkin). Place cut size down on a baking sheet and pop into the over for about an hour at 400 degrees. If you can get a fork through the rind it is done. Simply scrape out the inside and voila! spaghetti squash. It comes out in strings--like spaghetti. It has a very soft flavour and I really enjoy mine with a meaty pasta sauce.

I am looking forward to eating mine in the next day or so.

My eye and nose are on the mend but still not quite 100%. Last time it took two rounds of the anti-biotics and I think it will be the same again.

I had a trip to the library today. I have now officially paid for my library card--it was $12. I read the Julia Childs bio, and have rented a couple of dvd's. Money well spent. This week I am enjoying Season 2 of Meerkat Manor and another novel. Things were getting a bit out of hand the past couple of weeks with books around here. I had three on the go at the same time. Yep, three. Each one a different mood, different room and different type. I may cut down to two this week as I have been neglecting one book that I started a couple weeks ago. And now...to find something decent on tv.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Glad to hear you are on the mend. I hope it won't take more meds to get you there but if it does - go for some.

Can't say I ever ate spagetti squash but it sounds simple enough.

Did we tell you that by the time you visit PEI and come to our floor your old buddies in apprenticeship will have moved out of the building? Moving to the new Tech Building on University Ave. Student Services are going too. We don't know who our new neighbours will be yet.

Glad to hear you are busy reading and movie watching. Great entertainment from both.

Edith