Thursday, January 21, 2010

No rest for the wicked...I must be really bad. After the Dr appointment yesterday I headed to the office...for a couple hours...famous last words. Why you are asking did I go in? Because people expect to be paid.

I've been pulling double duty since November 2--payroll and HR. Yeah me. Not! Monday my temp help for payroll started and of course I was then gone the next day...unfortunately payroll needs to go in this week and since I am the only one who knows how to do it...I had to slog in. I survived the afternoon but desperately wish I didn't need to go in today. Sigh.

I have the meds and am hoping they kick in quickly but I don't seem to recall a quick fix last time, in fact I recall having to go back and get a second round of the antibiotic. Hmmm.

And yes, I can't believe it is already the 21st of January...this month is flying...thank goodness. I will be quite happy to see the beginning of February. Maybe I just need some flowers to make myself feel better.

Oh, I have an old friend popping through Edmonton on the weekend. We are having supper on Friday night and then I am helping with some shopping before he heads up to (ironically enough) Cambridge Bay. We met in Pangnirtung four years ago this month. Life never ceases to amaze me. I'm looking forward to seeing him and catching up on the news.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jennifer, you must be feeling rotten! What a shame that someone else can't do the payroll yet, too bad the new person hadn't started a month ago so you can look after your eyes!

I hope you have a wonderful time with your Pang friend and that you get to catch up on lots of news - I assume he is still in Pang?

Take care, and I hope you get to rest your eyes on the weekend.

Chow for now ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I hope there is someone who appreciates a dedicated employee who puts others before herself. yes, payroll is a very important job. Bless you for having gone to work to ensure payroll was processed.

Yes, a nice bouquet of flowers might pick you up and a super visit with an old friend.

It is Friday, so enjoy your weekend and get yourself better.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I hope there is someone who appreciates a dedicated employee who puts others before herself. yes, payroll is a very important job. Bless you for having gone to work to ensure payroll was processed.

Yes, a nice bouquet of flowers might pick you up and a super visit with an old friend.

It is Friday, so enjoy your weekend and get yourself better.

Edith