Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Time is flying by this year...can you believe it is the 5th of January? I can't. I kept putting the 4th on everything I did today. Luckily when writing the year I generally catch myself before putting the 9 down and slip a 1 in front of the zero.

I feel like I have accomplished a lot already this year. I know that seems odd and the accomplishments are minor but I am 'starting as I would like to go on'. Yeah, that sounds right. Work is its usual up and down roller coaster ride. Just when my stomach starts to settle another event happens and we are off to the races again. Oh well, it pays the bills. What have I accomplished? The apartment is clean and tidy and remains so 5 days running and I am waiting for the water to cool a bit before tackling the dishes. I like to pat myself on the back for the little things.

Thank you for all the wonderful ideas for my jewelry. It seems like when you think about an issue you either solve it yourself or get stuck and can't seem to think of anything. I was the later, now I am first one and thanks to your ideas and suggestions I have a ton of thoughts running through my head. A trip to Ikea, Walmart and Home Depot are now in my future. I'm going to look at a number of different options. If the jewelery is going to take up a significant amount of wall space I would like it to be nice to look at.

Plans for the week include taking my recycles to the recycle place (including my tree and all the boxes from the office), finding out if I need another eye appointment in order to replace the glasses that were stolen from my truck (in October--yes, I'm finally getting around to replacing them), and a trip to the laundromat this weekend. I actually did laundry here on Christmas day and while I did get it all done I must say I enjoy my jaunts to the laundromat. The movie and subway sub certainly don't hurt the occasion, but it is mostly for the people watching that I enjoy going. If I didn't do movie and sub it would be cheaper by far than my building, but the cost outweighs my time and efforts. I can't wait for home ownership to come knocking on my door so I can have my own machines again.

And that is about the excitement in my life this week....laundry and buying new glasses. Yep, look out I'm wild and loose in the city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

There is quite a feeling of satisfaction when you have completed a thorough cleaning of the living premises. Good for you. No eye glasses since October - probably is time to get new ones. Good luck with that task. Picking out frames is never quite as easy as one would think.

I think you have the right idea. Set small goals for yourself - accomplish them and move on to the next is a way better idea than the New Year's resolutions. Today is hump day - the first work week of January is almost over!

Edith