Monday, October 12, 2009

My body must be the body of a 120 year old. Last weekend I stayed home and watched the world spin. This weekend I`m sitting on the couch trying not to move my right arm. In my zest to re-arrange my furniture I must have sprained or stained or pulled something. My neck and shoulder are very sore. Unfortunately this is keeping me from finishing the re-arranging and doing a few loads of laundry. Sigh. If it isn`t one thing it is another lately. Ah well.

The interviews from a couple of weeks ago and over and done. The referencing is finished and on Tuesday one new person starts. Then next Monday another person starts. I`m looking forward to seeing how the dynamics of the office change with this additional infusion of `fresh blood`. Hopefully it all changes for the best. This old vs new mentality is really draining.

It has snowed all weekend...ick. Last fall was amazing and this fall is threatening to be similar to fall in Nunavut. Not that there is anything wrong with fall in Nunavut, but people in Edmonton don`t really know how to drive in the snow, which seems odd seeing as we do live in Canada and snow comes every year.

The turkey I cooked yesterday was/is fabulous. I put fresh herbs inside it and they infused all the meat of the turkey with a lovely rosemary flavour. Delightful! I am getting ready this evening to start the soup. I love having frozen soup ready for yummy lunches for the next few weeks. For a single girl you should have seen the amount of veggies cooked. Butternut squash, turnip, potatoes, carrots, and brussel sprouts. Yummy. I cooked enough so that I can pan fry the leftovers for a few days. I love pan fried left over veggies.

Who wants to come help put away all my knic knacks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jennifer;

Glad to hear you had the full meal deal! Was pumpkin pie included - can't be Thanksgiving without it for me!! My sister makes the best pie! We enjoyed two dinners, one as my sister-in-law's and one at my mom's - worked for me - except no leftovers in our house! The weather today was fantastic - sunny and lovely, not really warm, but my kind of weather.

You aren't having much luck with your body this year!! Too much happening continuosly, you just appear to get something under contol and another situation arises - do I dare ask - are you over 40?? I was always told that after you hit 40 all sorts of strange things will happen (I've been over 40 for more than a decade) Things do happen, but as long as it's in moderation and curable, fixable, etc. so be it!! Maybe a friend can come over and help get the furniture where you'd like it and to help with the all the ornaments and such.

Enjoy your stir fries and soup and hopefully you will be feeling better soon.

Oh, also hope the new employee works out. Fresh blood is good as it helps open our eyes to things we take for granted.

Cheers ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

The down side of re-arranging furniture - especially by yourself - now you hurt - and hurt all over. Sorry to hear that! The good news was it didn't hurt your appetite. You had a grand spread. You get to enjoy it the first time around and again and again untilt he left overs are gone. Yummm - left over turkey! I went to my sister's on Saturday as we headed for Cape Breton on Sunday morning for Celtic Colors entertainment. I will have my dinner later in the month and have family over. Once I find a date to suit everyone.

Hope the body feels better soon. Hope the new staff work out really well.

Edith