Thursday, October 8, 2009

Snow! Yep, snow in Edmonton. There was a small but generous cover of snow on my truck this morning. I expected it to disappear over the morning but it didn't. In fact during the day it got a bit nasty by times with high winds and blowing snow. It was clear after work and the roads were surprisingly in great shape.

My normal 20 minute commute turned into 50 minutes this morning due to the bad weather. Wow.

It's turkey weekend. I have had a few invites but will end up having turkey solo. With a number of my friends sick with colds, flus and other infectious type things I have decided to stay home and avoid illness. I will cook a small turkey (or buy a pre-cooked chicken--don't tell my father!) and do my own meal at some point.

I have plans to re-arrange my entire living room/dining area this weekend so that will take a large portion of my time...and energy.

Wednesday night is my first (of two) photography classes. I am really looking forward to it. Imagine the photos once I actually learn how to use my toy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: I see where Calgary had 20 cms last Saturday and someone told me this morning that Manitoba is getting 20 cms today. I say - hold the snow!! I don't want to see it, drive in it, or push a shovel through it until at least January!

I can understand you not wanting to catch what everyone else has caught. Solo turkey (alias chicken) would be good. You have your own little buddy, chicken, to share the special moment with.

A new look to the living quarters will give you new energy and excitement. Go for it.

Edith