Thursday, October 22, 2009

I knew all my readers would be wonderful and supportive. The offers to deal with the police officer made me smile. Thanks.

The good news is that the insurance company does not need to be involved. Work was SUPER about the whole thing. Are you ok? Did they break anything? What else did they get? The fact that the work laptop was stolen seemed small and insignificant. There was no damage to my vehicle so no need to go through my insurance company and since laptops are fairly cheap (under $1500) work is not going through insurance either. They just told me to order a new one. Done. I guess when you own pieces of equipment worth hundreds of thousands a small laptop seems insignificant. And likely the deductible wouldn't cover the cost of replacement. So really....if I was going to have this happen...it happened the best way possible.

I still feel a bit odd going out to my truck...it feels dirty. But this weekend I'm heading to the car wash and will clean it inside and out and buy it a fancy air freshner (maybe in the shape of a tree!) to make it feel like mine again. Life goes on.

We are having a pumpkin carving/decorating contest at work next week. My idea. And our new staff seem to be embracing it and they are already asking about Christmas. I know! :) The grumpy staff are not joining us in the lunch room...which is fine. Their choice. In the end it only makes them look bad. And the grumps have not signed up to carve a pumpkin...I asked once but that is it. One of the ladies who is an immigrant has never celebrated Halloween and never done the pumpkin thing...so while she is nervous she also seems excited to try it. And there will be a prize for the best one! I know I won't win...my crafty/cutting skills will certainly place me near the bottom of the pack...but it is about participating and having fun.

I also plan to dress up next Friday. I know...maybe I'm a little old for that but what the heck. I bought the costume a few years ago for a party I ended up not going to....and I'd like to try it out. I'm sure within minutes my face will be itching and the wig will be hot...but I'll do it anyway. I have a Geisha costume. No, there will be no photographic evidence of that. LOL.

Come onnnnnnnn Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Sounds like work is "fun" again. I'm so happy for you.

The fact that they were so concerned for you over the thef and not concerned about what was stolen speaks volumns about them as well.

I am so please that a terrible thing has turned out ok after all.

Edith

Anonymous said...

I'm more dissapointed by the threat of no geisha photos. Doesn't seem fair to your loyal readers, does it? Especially knowing your penchant for photography.
Dave