Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Photos from last week...Northern Lights!



I really enjoyed this piece of art. It was taken from a drawing the artists grandmother did and then blown up, digitized and finally cut out of steel. Oh and of course the painting. The image has the traditional Inuit tattoos on the face...I love those facial tattoos. (Relax...I can't even get a tiny heart on my hip let alone all over my face)


The image I purchased and provided the link for. My new glow in the dark painting.


And the other painting I spent my money on over the weekend. I love the white on white images. If I can figure out how to frame it correctly I'd like to hang it in my white on white bedroom.


Camera lessons again tonight. It was class 2 of 2 that I had signed up for. Excellent information...now I just need to find an evening to practice what I have learned. Hopefully in the spring I will be able to attend one of the out of town classes/seminars. And it would seem if I want to take my photography to the next level I need to find a computer program to help enhance the photos. It would appear that every photo ever published is digitized and 'enhanced.' But first...I need to practice, practice, practice. I said on facebook that I have graduated from using my camera in Super Stupid mode to Semi-stupid mode.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Love the art! I believe I'd take the white one to my house with no problem - it's beautiful! Love the northern lights as well, the colors show up better in this picture than the link you gave us.

Looking forward to class pics, we've always enjoyed what your calling Super Studid Mode - we think they're great - couldn't understand you needing a class, but I guess we can all learn more.

Anything new on the insurance side of the theft?

Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Thanks for sharing the newly purchased art with us. Now we can see what you were so pleased with. I do like the white on white!

Edith

Unknown said...

You must have visited Gota Ashoona and Bob Kussey's art gallery. I love that steel cutout.