Sunday, November 30, 2008

While I didn't get some of the things done this weekend that I wanted to do...like visit some of the Christmas things here in town...I did manage to put up my curtains, buy my Christmas tree, buy a coffee table and dresser and wrap most of my the presents I bought.

The apartment came with curtains, but I had some that fit and they really go with my couch so I have decided to hang them up...and they look awesome. And then I hung up some pretty blue curtains in the bedroom to give it some colour!

The gifts are almost all wrapped and with any luck will be in the mail by the end of the week.

I cooked a couple of great meals, including the lamb I had tonight and put together my coffee table.

The tree is still outside on the patio...but when I get the feeling it will be ready for decorating. I bought it for $20 at Ikea...and got a $20 gift certificate...so it's kinda free.

So while I feel I am starting to settle into Edmonton it is now time to start meeting people...which is the hardest part of the whole thing. Am always open to suggestions....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday Jennifer,

Sounds like you had a nice weekend - Jennifer time. I'm assuming your xmas tree is real? Your own curtains in the apartment will make it feel a bit more like your own and I'm sure it's nice to have things match. We will await pics of the coffee table! Great to be able to say you have presents wrapped and almost ready for mailing. I still have lots of shopping to do yet.

Take care ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Sounds like you are pretty settled in. When you invite those new friends home your place will be inviting. Sounds like you are quite a cook as well.

Is the truck inspected and registered yet? I'm waiting for the end of that story.

Hope the job is going well and the co-workers are nice.

Edith