Sunday, November 23, 2008

More photos of Calgary. These have been misplaced for quite a while...it's been a slow weekend.

Part of the view at the Calgary tower. The glass floor and glass wall freak out a lot of people when they walk out on it.


View of the city from the top of the tower.


And yet another downward view from the clear floor.


Everything is an advertising opportunity. Use the roof!


South Western view from the tower. On the left side is the Saddledome where I briefly worked.


Me and my obsession with night time light photograpy.


And more shots...




Just under the walkway is the C-train going by.


One of the Flames games...up close.


Statue outside the Stampede grounds


Saddledome


The tower looks so small compared to all the buildings around it and all the buildings going up around the downtown area.


5 O’clock traffic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the xmas pics! That will be beautiful when there is snow there, hopefully you will get some more pics and share with us.

The tower pics made my tummy move !! Don't know if I could stay out there very long, if I looked straight out I'd be fine, but looking down through the floor wouldn't be a good thing for me.

Don't forget to let us know what you get at Ikea. Wishing there was one here, sigh !!

Have a great week ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Love the tower pics, but you would not get me to walk on the glass floor!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I am catching up on the blog. Been out a few days and no computer internet hook up. I loved the Christmas decoration pictures!! I loved the trip north write up. Quite a description of how the living arrangements are set up. The flight experience - what can I say - it was you that was travelling. The good think about that is you have had such experiences nothing could phase you now.

The photos from the tower were a little un-nerving. I don't know if I could look down or not. Advertising on roof tops is unique.

Edith