Thursday, November 6, 2008

Here's the pics of my new apartment. These were taken by the landlord and posted in the ad I saw..so no photo credit to me.

This is the mirror image of my kitchen.


This would be my new bedroom. While I like the idea of wood in the whole house I guess I'm a bit glad that my bedroom is carpeted. In the place in Calgary I had hardwood throught and when I would flop into bed at the end of the night it would roll on the wood and move. So maybe I won't have that issue on the carpet.


Living room complete with patio. Guess I will definitely need to buy a bbq next summer. And a bike to store on the deck as well.


Since my life is a constant flow of change it will surprise no one that the plans I made yesterday afternoon to bring my belongings to Edmonton have changed. I am now off to Calgary Friday after work, meeting the movers on Saturday and back to Edmonton on Sunday. Phew. Then my belongings should arrive on Monday. The phone, internet, cable package will be up and running by Wednesday night. Whoo hoo.

I have a friend who is having a rough time of it lately. I wish I knew what to do for her. I know she knows that I am here for her and would do anything to help her. So I guess all I need to do is wait for her to ask and hope that everything works out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Looks wonderful and I can picture it with all your many artifacts scattered about. Good for you to be able to have your things brought up earlier than you had planned. Now you can concentrate on making it 'home' for you. Enjoy your trip to Cambridge Bay.

Anonymous said...

You do move fast! I'm glad you found a place you can call your own, without the carpet stains in the ugh motel. The pictures are great to see, I can imagine placing belongings too if I was in your shoes. It looks very bright and spacious.

I hope you settle in well to the new job. November 17 sounds like it will be fun - enjoy yourself, hopefully you will get some time to explore and we look forward to pictures!

Chow ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Love the kitchen cabinets! Things seem to really be moving forward for you quickly!

Carolyn H said...

Wow, your new place looks like a really nice space--especially the living area with patio. That's very pretty.

Carolyn H.

Anonymous said...

WOW....nice digs! It looks large enough for visitors!

Jan from the Island