Monday, November 10, 2008

The phone calls were flying like mad on Friday with me and the movers. What about this date/time? What about this instead? What we ended up with was...

Friday I worked 7:30am - 6:00pm
Unloaded truck at new apartment and left for Calgary.
Arrived Calgary at 11:30pm
Got keys from BFA
Saturday 6:30am arose and finished packing
8am, movers arrived
10:30am movers done
12noon I have finished cleaning apartment and hit the road to Edmonton
Stop in Airdrie for pee break and to fill up truck with gas
Stop in Red Deer for food and a stretch
Arrive Edmonton 7:30pm
Make bed on floor
9pm fall asleep
Sunday movers arrive at 12noon
Movers done at 2:30pm
Jennifer starts unpacking...and doesn't stop until she falls into bed Sunday evening.
6am Monday Jennifer realizes she didn't buy groceries on Sunday and will be eating take out for another day.
7:30am arrives at work for start of another week

Yes, the moving is done and now it is just the unpacking to finish up. I got a start on it last night and will finish later in the week. I am going in search of groceries and a video store tonight. And may finish unpacking the kitchen stuff while pretending to cook a yummy meal. Or at least while something is re-heating in the oven...then I'm going to relax.

Get this...I have moved a bit in the past few years...and my record of breakage is minimal. Going to Nunavut I didn't lose anything completely just a couple of broken wheels on a trolley and a bit of chipped glass in one picture..no biggie. I moved stuff out of NU on my own in a truck and via air cargo...no breakage. I move via a moving truck 3 1/2 hours from Cowtown to Edmonchuck and I broke two plates and the leg of my wooden ironing board. Go figure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO JENNIFER!! :)

Anonymous said...

Well now, you have been very busy !! Work appears to hamper the moving process by the sound of your hectic few days. I hope the fishies got to stay in Edmonton while you were running the highway to Calgary and back. Glad you found a decent place and I hope you get settled in quickly, as you mentioned previously about visualizing where you may place things that should hopefully speed up the unpacking process ... maybe .. or you may change your mind when you unpack something and rethink where to put it! Hopefully you will get some down time to read, relax, tour, whatever.

Lori B.