Monday, May 3, 2010

Countdown time...can you believe that I have less than 5 days of work left? I can't. I am working 3.5 of the next 5 days...those darn interviews keep getting in the way of my work. There is a TON of paper work to clue up at the office, good thing I have help this week with the filing and sorting.

I had a few moments of panic on the weekend. I am still confident in my abilities to get a job, but I think I was starting to question the order of my plans. Most people find the new job. Quit the old job. Pack the old apartment. Move into the new apartment.

I have quit the old job. Still looking for the new job. Gave notice on the old apartment and have started packing....no word on a new apartment yet--I haven't actually started looking. So yes, a few moments of panic. Luckily I have friends and family to talk me out of my moments. My biggest worry is about the timing of everything. I am confident I will get a job in the next 30-60 days, I just don't want to lock myself into a new lease only to find the ultimate job a month later and need to pay $$$$$ to get out of the lease. That would suck.

The new guy at work starts today. I had thought about going in extra early to chat with him and fill him in on a few things...and then I thought...nah, he's a big boy and can take care of himself. I will show up around my usual time.

The trip to Lloydminster was nice. It seems like a nice place. I think I like the Saskatchewan side better--it appeared to me to be the older side and I like the older style homes better. I didn't have lunch in SK, I had it on the Alberta side. I think with no PST in Alberta the stores have predominiantely (sp) opened on that side. I will write more on the trip tonight..with pictures. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Jennifer,

Time is ticking for you !!! No need to panic, you will land on your feet with a better job and a new apartment. Just think, you will be able to redecorate, hang pictures again. As a home owner I think I'd like a clean slate to redecorate, or a big bank account and have some talented person come in and handle it for me!! Hanging pictures is a vice of mine, I have some leaning against walls for over 2 years now as I'm unsure where to hang them.

Nice that the new guy is there this week before you leave so you can show him the ropes a bit, but still be able to head out to your interviews. Hope they all go well and you get to select the one you'd like best.

It's almost Friday ... time to do the happy dance !!!

Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: You wait and you wait for things and then all of a sudden the date arrives. Your departure date is this week and I know it brings great joy and a little sadness.

I hope you accomplish what you want to get done this week before you go. I expect you are an organized person and wouldn't want to leave too many loose ends.


You will enjoy next week not having to work and go to job interviews. You can concentrate on the job interviews and apartment hunting.

Edith