Thursday, May 20, 2010


Ok, I'm back and settled (??) into the life I left a week ago. The trip was great and I am already planning my first GV trip in my head....but first...the trip itself.

I had two interviews on Tuesday before I left town. One for a company that I hadn't previously met with, one I would call a second interview. Company A was so not the one for me. It would have been very similar to the company I just left. They don't seem to have all their ducks in a row...HR is the last position they are filling after a lot of company change--backwards in my opinion. So, I called the headhunter afterwards and told them--no. I made a few suggestions and sincerely hope they figure out exactly what they need. I'd love to help them, but my mental health is worth too much. The second interview, was a second interview. It is the job in Whitecourt--the one I am pining for. I met with the VP of H-R. I'm impressed with the company and left with the understanding that things would soon be rocking and rolling to move forward with bringing me on board. Happy Days...I danced my way out to the truck and then down the road towards Hinton.

Hinton--KOA--LOVE IT! I got the same campsite as last year and had a marvelous time. My bbq was terrific...I love veggies in foil. Yummy. And the smores...oh, can you ever really get enough smores? I know I can't. I put the wafer of chocolate on top of the graham cracker and put that on top of the grill while I toast the marshmallow. It melts it a bit and the final product is delish.

That night on my way to the washroom--trip #3 but who's counting, I looked up at the sky. This is why I keep coming back here...the sky. It was chilly and I know that means there are no clouds overhead and there wasn't. I had a great view of the stars, all of them. You don't get this type of view in a tree covered campsite.

Wednesday morning Chicken and I slept in a bit, relaxed over breakfast, did some reading, surfed the internet and then packed up and headed for BC.

How could you not love waking up to a view like that?


You may laugh at my 'roughing it' with internet access at my campsite, but at least I don't bring my own satellite dish with me.



And I think this is great--playground for pets. This KOA is very pro-dog and  I like that. You never hear them bark, but there is lots of them around and lots for them to do.


Even with all the dead bugs in/on the image it still makes for a great view.


And this is how most of my pictures from inside the truck turned out...parts of truck, parts of sky, parts of the view. Ah well.


Here is a great example of the above mentioned photography...lots of deer on the side of the road as I was pulling into Jasper...and a great interior shot of the truck.


Because I am tired and my brain is fuzzy I will end this with the crossing of the BC border...to be continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Oh happy dance - oh happy dance - hire you - hire you!!! It is the job you want - they are interested in you - it just has to be!!!!

I liked the pictures (truck and all). Sounds like you started the trip on a high and the feeling stayed right with you to the end.

I await "stage 2" report on the trip as you cross the B.C. border.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Oh happy dance - oh happy dance - hire you - hire you!!! It is the job you want - they are interested in you - it just has to be!!!!

I liked the pictures (truck and all). Sounds like you started the trip on a high and the feeling stayed right with you to the end.

I await "stage 2" report on the trip as you cross the B.C. border.

Edith