Saturday, May 8, 2010

It's Saturday night and I am still enjoying my unemployment. Early days. Isn't it amazing how the sunshine can effect (or affect) ones mood? I got up this am to blue skies and a bright sun hanging in the sky. I managed to get myself to the laundry and by 11am was on my way back home. I spent my afternoon napping, watching some tv, surfing the internet and occasionally packing my living room. With the exception of my art work--which I simply can not bear to take down off the walls until the last possible minute--my living room is packed. Ok, not the tv and computer, but you know the other living room stuff. Tomorrow, I tackle the kitchen.

No real news on the job front--3 interviews finished, 2 to go. My top runner has asked for references and understands that I would like to make some decisions soon---looming end of month moving deadline. I may have made some decisions on a couple of jobs. One I think would be a frying pan to fire type of position and the other one I decided this afternoon is not for me. While packing my boxes and deciding what went into each carefully organized box I realized that I do not want to put all my belongings back into storage on a long term basis. Short term while I figure out if I am moving yes...that would be fine but not on a long term. So the camp job has just been taken out of the running. I still think it would be an interesting position and there were many pros to it...but I guess after the almost 3 year seperation from my 'things' I would like to stay with them. The camp job doesn't offer more $ than I am currently making and really the position is a step down from where I am. It would be great to save $ on rent...however, I would be too tempted to travel on all my time off and that would use up all the potential savings.

I am still looking, but must admit with the thrill of getting those interviews I did take some time off from the search. I will be back at the search tomorrow night. There are no chickens to count yet...only a few eggs.

Need to be in Vancouver next Friday evening for my habitat training. I have yet to decide how and when I am getting there. I keep changing my mind. Fly-drive-fly early-drive early I can't seem to decide. I guess when the time is right I will figure it out. Must be some reason for my indecision.

The office staff took me out for a late lunch on Friday afternoon. I drank way too much...but had a nice time. A few tears shed on my part, but not too many. I apparently called my mother when I got home...and then forget and called her again this morning. Oops. One too many celebratory martinis. I had a lovely conversation later in the evening with a good friend who listened to me chat about jobs for what I'm sure for her seemed like HOURS. She is a great listener and her advice is always thoughtful. A great sounding board for thoughts and ideas.

I'm free--and happy. I am happy with my decision. Here are the fortunes I found in my cookies this weekend...they always give me four cookies...

...Your first choice will be the wisest to follow at this time...
...Turn your thoughts within find yourself...
...An important word of advice may come from a child...
...Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded...

How's your weekend going?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: My comment didn't post. I hate that when it happens because then I can't remember what I say. It was something like this.

Hard to believe that your last day of work finnally came and you no longer have to work in that environment, with those people, at that work.

I hope you make good use of your special time and I'm sure the right job offer will come along soon.

Packing - I don't envy you that job. Good luck with it.

Edith