Saturday, May 15, 2010

I'm still here...well, not here in Edmonton, but here on the internet.

Here's the brief what I've been up to update--with further details on Monday evening (maybe) and pictures Thursday or Friday when I get back to Edmonton

Tuesday--left Edmonton--camped in Hinton
Wednesday--Hinton - Clearwater, BC (saw my first black bear in the wild, has smores)
Thursday--Clearwater - Hope, BC (more smores and a rooster sighting)
Friday--Hope - Burnaby (aka Vancouver), (reminder of why I don't like driving in Vancouver and met up with my Habitat friends)
Saturday--learning to be a Global Village Leader with Habitat (planning trips in my head while trying depserately hard to listen to all that is being said around me and hopefully interject some thoughtful comments)
Sunday--more training and then off to my hotel in downtown Vancouver (there will be no power on campus and it should be interesting cause I will have no idea what time it is when I get up--no watch, no internet and must be at the meeting for 8am--wish me luck)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: You are going to have to invest in a travel alarm clock as you can't always depend on cell phones, computers and all th other modern conveniences.

I hope you woke up on time!!

Happy traveles and exciting wild life sightings.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer, sounds like you had a good trek out to BC, haven't had real smores in eons!! Hope you were in the truck when you spotted the black bear! Enjoy the trip and learning experiences.

I am off to Halifax tomorrow - hubby has meetings and I will tag along and enjoy some R & R (likely shopping too).

Have a great week ... Lori B.