Friday, May 21, 2010

As I crossed over into BC I decided it was time for lunch. Yep, a whole hour on the road and time to take a break. I knew it would be a slow drive to Vancouver.

 Mount Robson Park. The picnic table faced a beautiful lake that had two loons swimming and diving. Except for the occasional large truck rumbling by and the odd car load--family photo op in front of the sign I was alone surrounded by nature.



Lovely close up of some of the many flowers and foilage spotted on my trip.




And here...wait for it...right after I took this shot I looked over towards the right and saw this next photo....



Yep, black bear. I sat and watched him for about 10 minutes then felt I should leave him in peace. In total I saw 3 black bears on my trip...but this was the first one.




This is one of the bears from my return trip.

The rest of the drive to Clearwater was relatively quiet.

Here's a few pictures from around the campground in Clearwater.




Isn't this a great place to have an event? Out in the middle of this great pond with the smell of lilac bushes wafting through the air.

So...FINALLY word back on the Whitecourt job and since the title of this post isn't I got the job or I'm moving to Whitecourt you can guess where this is going. I didn't get the job. I was disappointed this afternoon...seriously disappointed in how they handled it, how I reacted and just over-all disappointed. Apparently a candidate came from out of nowhere the day after I met with them--she lives in town and that's that. So....on to the next one. I am now packing with the intention of moving in Edmonton...just need to find an apartment ASAP and hire me some moving men!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Monday night in PEI and I'm catching up on the blog. So sorry you didn't get the job in Whitecourt, but you sound like you are ready for the next journey!! Positive thoughts right? Hopefully your second favourite interview will come through, as well as an apartment!!

Your pictures as usual are fantastic! You certainly capture everything along the route to BC, and we are very appreciative of you sharing with us. I haven't a clue what type of bird that is, but he appears to have feathers on his head like a cockatoo (spelling?).

Will be thinking of you this week in hopes that we hear you have secured a new position somewhere wonderful!! Hopefully the packing won't be too stressful for you.

Cheers ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Oh no - I'm so sorry the job in Whitecourt didn't happen. I feel your disappointment. I'm sure it ruined a perfectly great week in B.C.

This has to have happened for a good reason and we now look ahead to find out what that good reason was.

Those black bears look realll big and I wouldn't want one coming to my tent at night.

Flowers were beautiful and the scenery - beyond words.

Edith