Monday, May 10, 2010

My first free Monday. It was really nice.

Things are rocking and rolling on the job front...I have another interview on Tuesday am and a follow up to the Whitecourt interview in the afternoon. THEN I am hitting the highway and heading to Hinton and then Vancouver on Friday....with SEVERAL stops in between.

Back to the good 'ol KOA in Hinton tomorrow night and then to trek towards Vancouver for arrival at sometime on Friday for my Habitat weekend. I should be arriving back in Edmonton on Wednesday next week. I can't wait.

My clothes are packed and ready to go and the pile of 'stuff' is growing. I thought I had this down to a science last year...but I have WAY to much stuff. I guess I should do backpacking trips then I would be forced to pack lighter. Having the truck within feet of the tent allows me to pack the 'just in case' items. Funny how I can pack for a 3 week adventure in a foreign country in two backpacks but can't seem to get my camping trips down to reasonable pile. Ah well, maybe by the end of this summer I will do better--practice makes perfect.

Internet on the road may be sporadic but more and more campsites have it so you never know. I'll try and update as I go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

You've been busy since I last read your blog!! Could say that unemployment becomes you!! You are probably on the road now, but hope your interview went well earlier today. Let us know how the Whitecourt talks went. Hope you have good weather for the trip west. Camping sounds sort of cool in my humble hotel loving opinion. It's been so cool here I can't even think of a tent, I don't enjoy tents in the warm weather so couldn't imagine sleeping in one now. I do know that there is all sorts of wonderfully warm sleeping bags, and lots of comforts, but not my cup of tea. My brother loves winter camping, he has lots of training as he is in the reserves. Also a sister who grew to enjoy winter camping as a girl guide leader.

We had a great weekend, our daughter graduated with BA from UPEI on Saturday and is accepted into education in the fall. We also had friends arrive back from Florida and as we get their mail, they were here Saturday night and we had a sleep over - they are still as much fun now as they were when I was younger!

Enjoy your road trip and training, and hopefully you will hear some good news from your interviews.

Cheers ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

The interviews keep pouring in. That is great news. A call for a second interview is even better news!

Enjoy the camping and training. I hear you re the packing. I'm always taking too much of the "just in case I might need to wear it" clothing when I travel.

Enjoy your week of adventures.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

The interviews keep pouring in. That is great news. A call for a second interview is even better news!

Enjoy the camping and training. I hear you re the packing. I'm always taking too much of the "just in case I might need to wear it" clothing when I travel.

Enjoy your week of adventures.

Edith