Friday, April 2, 2010

It's Friday of the long weekend. Ah.

We had a do at the office yesterday and I snagged the Tim Horton's boxed coffee containers when they were empty...why?????  I am going to take them camping. They are foil bags (see picture) meant to keep beverages warm. I think they will be great for holding liquids and roll up when empty. So I just got two containers to hold water for free. Cheap--nope, creative!

If I put water in them they will heat the water up a bit during the day so it doesn't take as long to boil it later on. At least that is my theory at the moment...if it doesn't work I'm not concerned--they were free!

I bought a small tv for my bedroom months ago. I hooked up the cable in the bedroom and enjoyed going to sleep on my bed with the tv. Then I switched cable companies and would need to pay for an extra box to have cable in the bedroom. I'm cheap and didn't want to. I'll buy a dvd player I think and just pop in a movie when I need to sleep. So I finally bought the dvd player a couple weeks ago. I went to hook it up a couple of nights ago and realized that the tv and dvd player are not compatible. They don't have the same connectors on the back. Hmmm. I was wandering around stores this afternoon and happened to ask the nice young man in the tv section if this was fixable--this was after staring at the new tvs and realizing that there is no way I am handing over $500+ for a new tv. He said for $40 I could buy something to fix the problem--so I did. The box to fix the problem costs more than tv and dvd player combined. I bought the tv at Value Village around Christmas for $9.99. The dvd player was just under $30. I laughed at myself when I paid more for it than the tv...but now, $40 for this thing to fix the compatibility issue is really rather funny.

Now hopefully when I go to hook it all up later it will work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

The technical world of electronics can be mind boggling. Then there is always some young sales person who knows how it all works. I am impressed you can hook up the connections yourself.

What an interesting idea for heating up your water while camping. You never miss a trick.

I hope you and chicken will have a nice Easter and enjoy some good food and relaxation.

Edith