Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's Thursday. That means we have all survived hump day and are headed into the weekend. Let's hear it for weekends!! I am totally in countdown mode--as of this morning and not including today 16 work days left. Nice.

On Tuesday I thought it was the weekend--yesterday I thought it was Thursday. Today, I know it is Thursday because the big noisy garbage truck was here this morning. Thursday is generally quickly followed by Friday and a nice big glass of red wine. :)

I have been looking at Chicken replacements on line. Build A Bear is looking like an interesting option. But the 'toys' look either too big or too small. Hmm. A trip to the mall is in order.

Spring is back--again to Edmonton. The trees are out in that initial first bud of leaves. I am looking forward to watching them grow. I will likely be moved out of my apartment by the time the lilacs bloom this year, but I suspect I may take a drive by and collect a few. Sshhh. It will be our secret.

I haven't had the camera out in a while so you will need to view some older photos....or click over to a different website now...


For those of you who are still tuned in...I present 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 pictures from mid-April


This is from Pangnirtung--April 2006
I still remember getting this awesome treat delivered to my home in Pang by one of the nurses from the Agency. What a great gift and oh, the smells were so good.



April 2007 I was in PEI around mid-month. Here's the potatoes to prove it.

I kinda look like Bud the Spud in the self portrait.

April 2008--for some reason there are no dates on these photos so I am guesstimating them at mid-April. This would have been Toonik Tyme and this is from the Ice Sculpture Contest.

A very dear friend who was in my thoughts yesterday--I owe him an email.



April 2009 up North again. This photo currently hangs in my office. This was the return from a 'team building' exercise in Cambridge Bay.

Heading into the sunset around 10:30pm in Cambridge Bay.


Such a contrast to the view I have out my window today. Blue skies, expeting +15 temperatures and no snow in sight. Have a great day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

We have indeed survived hump day, on our way to the weekend again. Hard to believe how quickly they arrive! You must really be looking forward to the next 17 days being over - I added one to get you over the work ones and on to Jennifer time. Any luck interviewing replacements yet?

Sounds like your weather is a tad better than ours at the moment. A little cool at 4 here, good for a quick walk, but it's so gray today, miss the blue sky!

It will be a challenge to replace chicken I'd think! Going from a chicken to a bear is quite a change too.

Any prospects for a new apartment yet? I thought you were waiting to see where you'd be working before you got a new place. Anyway, enjoy the signs of spring, and I don't imagine anyone would mind if you snuck a few lilacs!

Take care & enjoy your weekend. Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I love the pics. I know why the one of the person looking out the plane window is in your office. Very precious.

So much to do - job hunt, apartment hunt, chicken replacement hunt, where does one start?

You must feel 10 years yonger knowing you are out of there in 16 days. The perfect time of year to be free from work as mother nature opens up her arms to Spring with flowers, blossoms, and grass. You and the camera are going to have such fun!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I love the pics. I know why the one of the person looking out the plane window is in your office. Very precious.

So much to do - job hunt, apartment hunt, chicken replacement hunt, where does one start?

You must feel 10 years yonger knowing you are out of there in 16 days. The perfect time of year to be free from work as mother nature opens up her arms to Spring with flowers, blossoms, and grass. You and the camera are going to have such fun!

Edith