Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Saturday I managed to get myself out of the apartment and down the road to the Elk Island National Park. It's about 35km outside of Edmonton. Well worth the drive. See that...look close, do you see them?

Buffalos! Hmmm, buffalo?


Even though it is called Elk Island and according to the brochure there are a few hundred of them in the park they didn't manage to cross my path. Oh well. I had a lovely time--and will be back. (Soon I hope!)

This guy was rolling around in the dirt and having a great time. Then he kicked and bronced his way across the street in front of me. It was awesome. He certainly knows that spring is here.






Close up of the inside of a tree that fell down during the winter. It was really neat in person...maybe the picture doesn't really do it justice.

It's Wednesday. Tomorrow is Friday--in the sense that Friday is a day off and Thursday becomes the last day of the week. We are having a short and sweet open house in the office tomorrow. My idea. Want to meet the other people in the building, introduce ourselves and answer their questions about what we do. I am debating bringing in some of my paintings and carvings to show the neighbours.

No big plans for the weekend. I was hoping to find a cheap weekend trip to...somewhere...but didn't. So I guess Edmonton and I will be spending the time together. I am helping a friend pack. She is moving within the city...and I get her boxes afterwards in hopes I get to move myself in June.

Spring is in the air here in Edmonton. The sun is still up when I get home from work regardless of how late I seem to arrive. My shoe collection is getting good rotation as it has been nice enough to wear open toed shoes and sandals the past few days...I sure hope this continues I have a few more pairs I still haven't taken off the shelf since last year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Happy Easter! Those pictures are great. I like the one of the tree with the holes in it. I'm glad your photographic eye took that one. That is what is so unique in your pictures. You don't miss what most people overlook.

Savour the long weekend, let Edmonton show you all it has to show and relax, relax, relax.

Edith