Saturday, April 3, 2010

I went on a bike ride today.

That may not seem like a big deal to you...but it was for me. I haven't been on a bike ride since the Summer of 2005. That is about 5 years ago. Just before I moved up North. I had my bike shipped North but then decided I didn't like the bumpy roads and never used it. I sold it or gave it away before I left. Last Spring I bought a bike the day before I went in for my surgery. I wasn't allowed to bike for the month afterwards and by the time I was comfortable with the thought of biking I was headed to Nunavut. Upon my return I went camping on the weekends instead of heading out on my bike...and life happens.

The biking thing may not surprise some of you but for those who worked with me prior to NU and were around the summer I biked PEI tip to tip you know I enjoy feeling the wind through my helmet.

TODAY...I finally got the bike off the deck, filled the tires with air and took it for a quick spin around the block. Total time logged 10 minutes. I need to get some WD40 and make a few minor adjustments before I head out for a longer ride.

And I realized today that camping season will soon be upon me. I need to be a good girl and study this month but once May 7 hits I can even go camping during the week. Wheee! Something to look forward to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I forgot about the studying. Hope that goes well for you. You really want to get that certificate so I know you will do well.

Safe biking.

Edith