Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday night. My weekend went by quickly....too quickly. Does that happen to anyone else? Nope, just me huh?

I'm just about to hit the websites to continue my job search. To answer Edith's comment on the last post--yes, I know exactly what I am looking for....but it isn't available at the moment. While the recession is lifting and hiring is increasing we are still not far enough along that I can look for my ideal job. Ideally a larger company (almost any industry or government), one that the HR department has move than 2 or 3 people in it and one where the company supports my eclectic educational wants/needs, has a basic salary package and it would be amazing if they had one of those benefit plans where you get to choose where to spend the money. Location isn't as important to me as it might be to some people.

On to more interesting topics....hmmm....stumped.

Saturday I headed to a movie. "The Back Up Plan" with J Lo. It was exactly as expected--funny, cute, romantic. Up until the last 5 minutes of the movie I was having a great time....then it happened. The cell phone of the person next to me beeped. I thought she was reaching down to turn it off--NOPE. She texted back and then proceeded to check and see how many other messages she had missed. My loud throat clearing wasn't working and finally my "oh, for ____'s sake" may have done it cause she turned it off after that. Rude. Rude. Rude.

I really don't like cell phones. People seem to think they are a great reason to be rude. Talk on them while in line at the grocery store and ignore the cashier. Talk on them while driving--dangerous. And my absoluate total pet peev....talk on them when we are out together. Grrr. I went out with a friend the other day and her phone went off. She not only answered it she proceeded to carry on an almost 10 minute conversation. It just seemed so rude to me. Why can't people just let them to go voice mail and respond when they are alone? Sigh.

While the weather wasn't as nice this weekend as last I did get out for a walk this afternoon. I've been downloading a few new songs for my ipod. I need peppy up beat music to keep me going. If anyone has a favorite upbeat peppy I must dance or walk or run when I hear this song let me know.

And thanks to Indigo on the flower search. The flower is called a euphorbia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

My other pet peever is those who have phones that beep when you are talking to them so they put you on hold until they see the other caller is. Let the other caller get a busy signal - you are not avilable to talk to them while I am talking to you.

I hear you loud and clear on the lady with the cell phone at the movie - why did she go to a movie if she wanted to talk to others???

Edith