Saturday, April 10, 2010

Weekend Warrior!

Well, not really. The weekend is about 1/2 over at this point and I haven't really accomplished much. I did venture out this afternoon to pick up groceries...and ummm, yep, thats about it. Maybe tomorrow I will accomplish something--not! Well, maybe I will at least tidy up.

The countdown at work has officially begun. 20  working days. Very happy. Very excited.

Still nothing on the job front, but that will come.

We have been having some freak weather here in Edmonton the past few days. Snow, ice and very high winds. There was a warning to stay off one of the highways the other day. Today was still quite windy. So windy the truck was swaying at the stop lights.

Not Edmonton--Iqaluit, January 2006. The place and the people are very much on my mind at the moment.


Chicken has also been on my mind lately. I am about to retire him. I haven't found a replacement yet, but I am looking. I had a couple of possibities but they both failed the geography test and were eliminated from the competition. Chicken has had a great run. He has been to the US, Mexico, England, France, Amsterdam, Indian and briefly stopped in Germany. He has been misplaced in the hotel laundry, had part of one foot eaten by a dog in Newfoundland, hiked to the Arctic Circle and many other adventures along the way. He is suffering from cataracts, (likely caused by the repeated trips in the washing machine and dryer), limps due to the short foot, and is starting to lose his 'feathers' (fur). I would like to retire him before he falls apart in the laundry. Retirement will come with a secure place of honor in my home.

Now...to find a new travel companion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: Retire chicken! I understand why, I just feel sad about it. It has been a good run for chicken and he has seen many sights and has been such an agreeable companion for you. I hope a suitable companion can be found.

I heard about the inclement weather you were having. Hopefully it will not last long. Not much sun sitting in a truck that is catching the wind. We had a very windy weekend on PEI too. Thankfully it has decided to die out.

A five day work week ahead of us. Those 4 day work weeks were devine. Happy count down!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Not necessary to be a weekend warrior every weekend! Your mind must be buzzing so much right now that a quieter weekend is probably good for you, pick up a book and enjoy! Heard about the weather and feel for you all as we had wind, but some sunshine as well, at least no snow!! All the more reason for you to stay home and do some Jennifer stuff, jewellry comes to mind, or reading. Chicken must be alarmed that his run is almost over. He has seen more of the world than I have! You will have to get one of the glass doll display cases for him! Can't imagine him being really gone. When did he arrive in your life?

Hope the studies are going OK, hard to concentrate on that when work is coming to an end I'd think.

Have a good week ... Lori B.