Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday. I love Sundays. I get up in the morning, watch Coronation Street, drink my lovely smokey smelling tea, wash the dishes, sweep the floor, check my favorite blogs and generally putter. I do all this during the Corrie episodes. It calms me down for the day/week ahead. This morning is no different. I have eggs on poaching, my tea is steeping, the curtains are open and I can occasionally hear birds outside my window. Ah, Sunday--and it's a Spring Sunday which seems even more special and full of possibility.

I spent more of yesterday afternoon at a Cheerleading competition. One of the ladies at work, her youngest daughter was in it. It was fun to see. The youngest on her team is 3. Yep, 3. There was a parents group followed by younger groups--no more than 8 or 9 years old. A lovely afternooon. I took a number of pics. Am hoping to get a nice one of her daughter to send to her, but for some reason I was taking pics of most of the teams and then afterwards wondered why I had. What am I going to do with a bunch of photos of teams and kids I don't know...so I may delete those ones. The temperature yesterday hit a high of 23 degrees. It was fabulous.

I'm hoping for the same thing this afternoon.

I made another life decision this morning. It isn't a major one. I have deferred my exam to October. When I registered in February I had no plans (firm ones anyway) of leaving my job and my apartment. I think my inability to concentrate on studying is due to my pending unemployment. If the exam was after my last day of work I think I could have done it...but as it is I decided to post-pone the exam until the fall. I am hoping my life will be in general better order by then and I will be able to concentrate. September is a much better time to study than April. I feel a sense of relief over the deferment. I still really want to write the exam, but the timing isn't right.

What is right is the smell and look of spring. Don't you just love the newness of it all--renewal.

Have a great Sunday. I'm 15 full days of work--and counting!

Vancouver, May 2009

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I looked at the beautiful blossoms in the picture and said - can't be Edmonton - they just had snow out there. Vancouver was beautiful!

You are making wise choices for youself these days. Deferring the exam to the fall is best. You don't need to be writing an exam you are not ready for and unable to do your best in.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I looked at the beautiful blossoms in the picture and said - can't be Edmonton - they just had snow out there. Vancouver was beautiful!

You are making wise choices for youself these days. Deferring the exam to the fall is best. You don't need to be writing an exam you are not ready for and unable to do your best in.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Sounds like your weekend was restful for you. Cheerleading competition, umm, different indeed. I haven't been to one of those in years, believe it or not, this clutz was a high school cheerleader! South shore of NS didn't require a lot of talent obviously! I would imagine in a large city the cheerleaders would be very talented and it would be quite a show, I'd actually enjoy it a lot.

Your decision to put off the exam until the fall is a wonderful plan. It gives you more freedom to enjoy the time after you finish work, look for work, etc. Doesn't sound too restful, but probably a bit too much to try and study for it right now.

Your weather is definitely better than ours, we have been very damp and cold this week.

Take care ... Lori B.