Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control and I think I like it...uh huh um....or something like that.

Yep, my mood the past couple of days has sky rocketed! They like me...they really like me! :)

I have been lucky enough to officially book one interview and am waiting on a second company to get back to me with a firm day/time. (victory dance of joy) There is a possibility of a couple more interviews in the next couple of weeks. I'm so happy....

Now...yes, this is far from having a new job to go to...but it is a step in the right direction. I am practically floating around the office and my apartment. I'm in HR I know the process...I know how long things take and how hard it is to find the person with the 'right' fit so my expectations are in line. It is harder to find someone with the right fit than it is to find someone with the right skills. I'm just excited to get a call so I can at least practice my interviewing skills.

On another note. Sunday I picked up these disposable grills. Basically charcoal briquettes in a tinfoil pan with a wire grill on top. I used them last year at a cost of around $7.93 each. I didn't want to fork over $$ in late August for a bbq and they didn't seem to be on sale. Obvioulsy I want a portable one and couldn't find the right one last year.....so I used the disposable ones. On Sunday I found them again at C'Tire and instead of almost $8 I purchased them for $2.93. What a deal! I bought 5--all they had. I didn't get crazy and go from C'Tire store to store...I am hoping I will find a bbq I like this year that is portable and practical for me...but not until after all the job/moving/stuff is over. I can't wait for another great day so I can bbq.

Other than that...not much on the go. If someone wants to come clean my floors I would be more than happy to let you. ;) No takers eh? Nuts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Doing the happy dance for you here now too!! Wiggle, jiggle, jump, turn, spin around!! Hopefully one of these interviews leads to a job this is right up there for you!! Congratulations, just getting the interviews should be a big boost for the job hunt, and as you say, you know the ins and outs of the whole HR process so you will probably be able to ace any interview and get a good read on the people.

Those bbq's sound neat, I've never heard of them, they'd be perfect for camping and such.

Edith left yesterday for 2 weeks holidays. Don't know if she'll get to a computer or not, so I will have to be a better responder here for you!! She's the best one I know.

If you find someone that likes cleaning floors, put them on a plane east as I'm sure I'm not the only one that would open a door to that person!! Maybe they'd like the vacum too!

Not many days left for you to work, must be a different sort of feeling for you, uplifting, and all that.

Take care, and am looking forward to hearing how the interview(s) go and if the companies turn out to be what you would like.

Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I'm playing catch up. A happy dance indeed - you should be moving and a shaking all you can. What better feeling then to have a chance at a job you would like.

Edith