Sunday, March 28, 2010

PEI.

I was downloading some pics from my camera last night and realized that I hadn't posted any pics from my PEI trip. Oops. I guess my first thought was that most of you are in PEI--been there--done that. But then looking at my stats I realized that in fact most of my readers are not in PEI. Huh.

So without further adieu here is some of my PEI trip...


The big birthday party. Glow Bowling.

Oh yeah, they got fine form.

The dog loves the snow. She must have some of the North in her. On this fine sunny day she was making puppy snowangels for my entertainment.
Paint peeling on a door in North Rustico. I don't know...I just liked the look of it.
View of the harbour. The next group of pics are all from North Rustico.

Abandoned chair. Art is in the eye of the beholder.

Ice pans floating on the tide.

Breakwater.
The view was breathtaking. The contrast of colours isn't even close in this picture to the actual, but I tried. The deep dark green of the trees against the red of the rocks combined with the blue water, white ice and pink sand. Oh, it was grand.
I picked up a number of shells, rocks and bits and pieces. I love beach combing. Unfortunately or fortunately I wasn't able to take any of it back with me. I probably already have enough here with me...but that is part of the charm of going to the beach. Picking up the odds and sods.Like this beautiful piece of coral? seaweed? whatever it is, I like it.

Yes, for those of you who have never been to PEI the dirt really is red. See the red mud puddle.

Long abandoned lobster traps.





And some waiting for a tourist with more taste than money to buy one and take it home to turn into a planter.
And finally the whole gang. First group photo since Christmas 2005.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics - thanks for sharing. Your family is great - must be thrilled to have an updated photo! The bowling looks cool, the kids no doubt had a blast!

Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: Great photos - real typical PEI. That birthday party looks like it was a blast.

Edith