Saturday, March 27, 2010

I'm having a lazy Saturday--which isn't a new concept for me. It is almost 10:30am and I'm in my bathrobe. I did manage breakfast and a shower but can't seem to make the next step which is getting dressed and heading into the great outdoors. Maybe later. It was suppossed to be 16 and sunny. Right now it is 4 and overcast.

Ok, my big news. I talked to my mom this morning and hopefully she has filled my father in. I quit my job. Yep. I'm done as of May 7. It is a truly liberating feeling. I walked up the stairs to work after breakfast with my boss and I felt as though I had lost 100 pounds. I was light as a feather. I'm sure many people would not quit without having another job lined up, but I'm confident in my abilities to get something in the next couple of months.

I'm looking for something in Edmonton. I'm open to other areas, but Edmonton would be easier at the moment. I'm done the first Friday in May and then hope to head over to Vancouver with a friend the next week. I need to be in Vancouver the weekend of the 15th for my leadership training for Global Village.I can't wait. I will be able to lead a group of people on an amazing experience this fall/winter.

So that's it. That's the big news. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - big step and probably the best one for you at this time! Good luck with it all, job hunting, apartment hunting if it's still on the agenda! Now that you've put the word in, hopefully work will not be as difficult as it has been previously. There is now a great light at the end of the tunnel for you! Big decision I'm sure, but we know it's not a snap decision on your part.


Take care ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I was checking emails at home when one comes from Lori to check your blog for the big news. Of course I went to the blog. Good for you! You will be healthier for this decision and there are much better jobs out there for you.

I wondered about the guy you offered the job to that wanted to know if you would be staying with the company. Did he take the job?

Edith