Monday, March 22, 2010

The first day back from vacation is always the hardest. That's what they say. I agree. I still can't remember the code I put in the alarm system...oops and I have no idea where the keys are to my filing cabinet. Yeah. Hmmm.

My tax issues with Revenue Canada continue. For some reason last fall they did not allow my moves or my Northern benefits. I don't understand how they come to these conclusions or why they make these decisions. Did I move from Nunavut to Alberta...yep. Here's my plane ticket and uhaul receipts. Oh, and hotel, gas and food receipts from PEI to Alberta. Did I live in Nunavut in 2008? Yep, here's my light and cable bills to prove it...not to mention the tax returns I filled the previous two years for NU. I don't have the official paper work from them with the big fat rejection stamp on it...I get to wait for it to arrive hopefully later this week. What an end to my vacation.

My return to the office has reinforced a few decisions I made while on holiday. The office temperature was definitely chilly and the games and crap have continued...but I said I wouldn't talk about work anymore. Oops.

I am already looking forward to the Easter long weekend...maybe a trip to Banff is in order. :)

3 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Sorry your Monday was so crappy!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: I am so naive, you mean you filed your taxes last year and Revenue Canada hadn't bothered to tell you tell now that there was a problem with them. I'd be beside myself upset and wondering what to do.

I hope it all works out ok for you.

Well if the temperature is cool then you'll have no problem closing the door on the environment. There has to be a better place to work in that city.

Four days down time for Easter is going to be sooo nice - I agree with you there.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Your previous post was so positive with all the things you accomplished in the apartment after your vacation. Kudos to getting all that done!!

Unfortunate to hear about work atmosphere not being positive, but that will help with decisions you make for your future endeavours. Tax issues, not fun at all - can't imagine how they operate when things have been fine in the past, but now just out of the blue, things are crazy! Hope it levels out for you.

Take care ... Lori B.