Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm back from the North!

It was a great week. I'm tired and sick again...but still...a good week.

So, I stole the truck the first night, but other than that no illegal activities...at least none that I'm aware of. I did manage to get out on the fuel truck Thursday morning for a couple of hours and helped deliver the home heating fuel in the community. Yep, that is one of the many things the company does that I work for. Never one to pass up an interesting opportunity I asked the driver and swamper if I could tag along...they agreed and I had a great time.

It may not be my next career, but I had a wonderful couple hours.




I had one of the guys take a picture of me...but it hasn't shown up on the camera so I think that perhaps there was something lost in the translation when using the camera. Oh well.

Wednesday evening was the annual auction. I bid on and won a travel holder for tickets, passport, etc along with a $100 gift card for travel. I bid $50. I ended up paying $60. I had 20's and felt that the extra $10 wouldn't hurt me as the $ were going towards the literacy society. (Good Karma!)The same evening we watched Susan Aglukark in concert. I've been a fan since her first album so it was great to actually see her in person.

I cooked supper for an old buddy from Iqaluit on Thursday night...or rather I heated up food. It was great to catch up on the gossip from Iqaluit. Friday evening I went to a friends home for pizza and bingo. Yes folks...radio bingo is back in my life. Of course I didn't win any money, but for me the whole point of the evening is just to socialize with friends. I visited with this family last time I was in Cambridge Bay and had a couple of great visits with them this time as well. Lunches, pizza night and just seeing each other at the trade show events. I look forward to seeing them again.

It would appear that I may be up again for a week next month. I certainly hope so.


Lots of snow to cover some of the equipment around town.

This cutie was spotted at the concert. I tried taking a couple of photos of her face on...she even posed but they didn't turn out.



Kissing cousins. The little guy was dancing in his fancy slippers and giving all the ladies kisses.



My photo credit!

Look at the four pics in the back ground. Mine are #'s 1, 3 and 4.


Sun creeping up. I finally had some sunny days in Cam Bay....just too bad I didn't get to enjoy them by running around all day taking pics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Great to hear you are back. Jennifer the oil delivery girl! Nice ring to it.

The pictures are great. I was happy you took pictures of the display that had your photos in it. Really neat.

I can tell you are looking forward to the next trip North already. So nice that you could catch up with friends from the North in person. Better that email or phone.

Have a good week.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Glad to hear you are home safely, the healthy part will come soon hopefully! You are having a rough time with you health lately!!

Pictures are great and thanks for taking the one with your "professional" ones so we can enjoy them as well! The little ones in your pics are sweet!

Did you ever actually meet Larry the rightful owner of the stolen truck?

Enjoy your next visit north, sounds like you are looking forward to it. Who knows, maybe you can ride the fuel truck again!

Take care ... Lori B.