Monday, February 9, 2009

Another trip to the doctors office today...and more pills. Since the sinus issue has yet to fully correct itself..and I apparently still have a tiny bit of a fever I am having a second dose of the fun pills. The Dr wasn't overly concerned with the allergic reactions and figures that they are not being caused by the meds...so that is a bonus but the pharmacist and I agreed that until I am off the meds I will continue to travel with benedryl!

On a totally disgusting dr related issue...I picked up a toe fungus in India last year. I initially thought it was just a damaged nail ( you know, from one of the many bricks I dropped on said toe) and then once I decided it was fungal tried to treat with over the counter stuff and every home treatment I could find. Obviously it didn't work. I have known for a while that I should speak up and uncover the toe in the presence of a dr and get some help, but with everything else going on it seemed minor. This past weekend though I realized that sandal weather will be upon me sooner than I am used to and that I should finally speak up. A quick glance at the little piggy and the dr wrote a scrip. I have 100 pills to take...one a day for the next 100 days....though in actual fact dr and I decided I should get the sinus issue out of the way before I start on the toe! At this moment I am very glad for health insurance as the pills for my funky toe cost $278.40! Yikes! Lucky for me...my health plan covered it all!

I also finally managed to track down a copy of the results from my colposcopy in January. No, no additional information on the sheets, but I like having a copy...something about being able to look at the sheet and read it over and over again is re-assuring. And no wonder it hurt. The sample size was 0.5cm...which if you look at a ruler isn't very big. But when you think about where that came from...OUCH!

I am just over a month away from my LEEP and am feeling better about it daily. I think the more I have shared about it the better I feel. I guess having things oout in the open is always better than hiding them away.

Work is a touch frantic this week. So much to do. I am trying to get a new booth set up for the trade show next week, buy the 'kit' that I take to shows with me (safety pins, markers, duct tape, stick pins, elastics, stapler, extra staples, scissors, envelopes, post it notes, sticky velcro and clips) this 'kit' has served me well at past job fairs and I am sure will once again come in handy. I went candy shopping this evening and had ballots translated for the door prize done up this afternoon...there are so many little details to think about when getting ready for a show.

I found out today that they do have an apartment ready and waiting for me. Yeah! I will be taking some dvd's with me, my favorite tea pot, a good book and chicken. We will have some privacy during our stay and the ability to cook our own meals. I can eat in the bunkhouse with the rest of the folks whenever I want...but this will be great...especially seeing as most of the meals last time involved pork and I prefer to keep my body pig free.

It's been quite a week thus far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Yeah! You got the apartment and you don't have to stay in the bunkhouse - good for you. The trade show will be a breeze for you - "old hat" as they say. You must be able to do them in your sleep after all the ones you did at the PSC.

I'm glad your doctor is keeping you on meds till your sinus infection is all gone. You wouldn't want to be travelling and have it full blown again. I totally agree that benedryl should be your constant companion until you get a handle on the alergy flare ups.

You never cease to surprise us with things. A toe fungus that you have had for a year now!!! Yeah, guess it was time to fess up and have a doctor look at it. YOu drive those 100 pills into as soon as your sinus infection is better.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

In case sending you these wishes tomorrow would be too late - Happy Valentines Day Jennifer!!

Edith