Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I survived my first day back at the office. YEAH me! In spite of myself I was even productive this afternoon. And if you haven't noticed, yes, I hate being sick. And while I have been known to suffer the occasional down day due to cold, flu, hangover...I would say that up until the past few months I was a relatively healthy girl. And happy to only see my dr every few months.

By Sunday night I was crawling the walls. By Monday night (hives and all) I decided that maybe I should re-arrange my furniture. I didn't, but likely only because I didn't have the energy. By Tuesday night I was bored of tv and surfing the internet.

Today I was up and at least functioning. Tomorrow I hope I remember what did at work today. The great thing about starting work on a Wednesday is that Friday is just around the corner.

Decisions today...buy a bicycle and bbq this spring. Preferably the bike first. I am anxious to get out and get moving. While I enjoyed tromping around the tundra in my parka, I do not enjoy slippery sidewalks and rushing traffic. It is not very relaxing or restful to have large trucks driving by within inches of my body. I am under the impression that there are bike trails around the city...which will be proven when the snow disappears in a few months.


Won't this bench be nice for sitting on in the spring/summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

The bench says "sit on me and I will give you rest". Perhaps when you are biking by it in the summer you can rest there.

Is it possible to get both the barbecue and the bike??

This weekend you can re-arrange furniture - you'll more like it.

So glad to hear you are on the mend.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to work! :) Glad you're feeling better!