Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Arrived in Cambridge Bay safe and sound. The flight was delayed leaving Edmonton and then we weren't sure we would be able to land in Cam Bay due to weather but we did. I checked into my new accommodations Sunday afternoon and took a nap.

I'm in a three bedroom apartment. Upstairs is kitchen, living room, dining room, half bath and washer/dryer. Downstairs are three bedrooms and a full bath. I have cable tv, stolen wireless internet and couldn't be cozier.

I spent Monday at the office and at this point it is all a bit of a blur. Monday night was the opening night for the trade show. It was great to see so many friendly faces. Lots of hugs and how are you's that night. BUT...prior to arrival at the show...

I'm at the office and someone says "There's a truck outside warming up for you. Drive it to the trade show tonight and use it tomorrow." Ok--thanks. I finished up my work, walked out the door and got in the truck. I drove around town for a bit then back to my apartment, got ready for the evening and then headed to the bunkhouse for supper. Just a couple of minutes before supper I hear "Who stole Randy's truck?" All eyes turned to me. Apparently around the corner of the building was another truck also warming up. I hadn't noticed and had gotten into the first one that I saw. Which was--Randy's truck. No biggie...they are all company trucks, but everyone tends to have 'their' truck. It was the laugh of the evening and this morning I returned the truck to Randy.

The trade show is going well. I'm just trying to relax and rest up before the evening events...supper and awards. I'm tired and would rather stay home sleeping but I must show up. So far a good week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Stole internet and a truck", lol. Have a great trip!!!. ('Your' sick bug has traveled here to visit me since Saturday, and it is not nice :(

Anonymous said...

Oh Jennifer, I can't wait for you to write an autobiography - it will be a best seller. Edith and I will promote it for you!! Who else could steal a truck and have that become the topic of the evening - in laughter . Did you get to meet Randy? If so, that would be quite an opening conversation to hear as you get introduced ... and I'd like you to meet Jennifer, yes, the one that stole your truck ...

Sounds like you are snug in your apt and I hope the trade show goes well. Enjoy your time there.

Keep us posted ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Only you Jennifer - only you could steal a truck and not be arrested for it. I admit, it was an honest mistake and I would think those that were giving you the truck would have figured out what happened. But poor Randy - I wonder has this ever happened to him before.

I agree with Lori - you could write a best seller. You certainly know how to make a "good first impression"!

Edith